Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Kpkube
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Has anyone done a Bally Star Trek re-theme? I have a working machine I picked up cheap that has a hammered playfield. I'm going to try to sell it as I'm not a fan of star trek and I think this is one of those franchises that could get more buyers from the theme. That being said, if I can't get much for it, which is fine, I'd be interested in doing a re-theme as I kind of enjoy the game. Part of me is considering moving some of the parts around to create a new playfield, another part of me wants to be lazy and just overlay the current playfield with something new. Does anyone have a template for this playfield so I don't have to spend time getting all the dimension proper? I'd be curious to see any re-themes out there although I'm not sure if this machine would have many re-themes because of the demand of the original artwork. I paid $450 for it and have a clean backglass and plastics so I think I could get most of my money out of this before I start.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from splattii:

Has anyone done a Bally Star Trek re-theme? I have a working machine I picked up cheap that has a hammered playfield. I'm going to try to sell it as I'm not a fan of star trek and I think this is one of those franchises that could get more buyers from the theme. That being said, if I can't get much for it, which is fine, I'd be interested in doing a re-theme as I kind of enjoy the game. Part of me is considering moving some of the parts around to create a new playfield, another part of me wants to be lazy and just overlay the current playfield with something new. Does anyone have a template for this playfield so I don't have to spend time getting all the dimension proper? I'd be curious to see any re-themes out there although I'm not sure if this machine would have many re-themes because of the demand of the original artwork. I paid $450 for it and have a clean backglass and plastics so I think I could get most of my money out of this before I start.

That's a game you SHOULDN'T re-theme... But that's just me... hopefully this games remains a Star Trek & lives long and prospers as such.

#3 1 year ago

The only change I'd make would be "Warp speed". And sounds...

#4 1 year ago

Post some pictures of it.

#6 1 year ago

Pinsider Zitt did a great retheme to a Mirror Universe based on the classic tv episode. He brings it to TPF every year. The shooter rod was moved to the left side and other mods. It was really well done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-retheme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.