(Topic ID: 81356)

Bally Star Trek restoration

By SouthernBoy

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Greetings, since I got my SMDM straightened out, I have been looking for a Bally Star Trek. I finally found one with a reasonable price. The bad news it is pretty much worn out. Playfield is trashed. I am not good with paint so my preference would be to put an overlay on. Does anyone know of any company or individual that has an overlay; or is willing to create one? I would be open to getting a replacement playfield if it is reasonably priced.

Also, does anyone have the cabinet stencils that I could borrow, rent, buy? I can use a spray can so the cabinet resto won't be too hard.

Looking forward to this restoration. My wife and I are doing it together.

Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

Classic arcades I think is the vendor on Ebay that has an overlay for the middle of the playfield. I got one for my KISS machine and it worked great.

#3 10 years ago

CPR was suppose to do a replacement PF... unsure if they've already done it/sold out... or whatever.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping there was an overlay for the entire pf, doesn't look like anyone does it. Decided to find a good replacement pf. Please let me know if you know if anyone has one.

#5 10 years ago

It looks like the orders are closed for the new CPR Star Trek playfields. Keep your eyes open though if you really want one because I'm sure there will be some for sale. It appears that replacement playfields are a lot like new pinball machines. A significant percentage of the people who buy them only do so to "flip" them and make a profit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-restoration and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.