• Latest reply 9 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h65C8F188.jpg

#1 9 years ago

My Star Trek: Mirror Universe has always acted a little weird during shows.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball

Specifically; If you start a multiplayer game and start playing aggressively; the machine will simply "autostart" a single player game. I haven't really been able to narrow it down too far.

Originally; I thought it was because the popbumper switches were sticking closed. But now it seems to happen in concern with the drop target bank. I feel like it happens when the bank resets; but only when other switches are closing.

I've thought about replacing the bank reset coil's diode... but that's kinda a shotgun approach.

Anyone have any ideas what to look for?

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

If you start a multiplayer game and start playing aggressively

I guess I have to ask first, what do you mean by "aggressively"? You mean violently shaking/slamming/nudging? If so, I would be looking for loose connections, loose connectors, tilt mech problems or things shorting against one another with vibration or mechanical movement.

#3 9 years ago

Normally stuff like this is a busted diode across a switch just barely hanging on and vibration opens it up letting it leak into the matrix. A gentle tug on each diode in offending row/columns can usually find it.

The ceramic caps across switches can short out too and cause problems.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

letting it leak into the matrix. .

h65C8F188.jpgh65C8F188.jpg

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

If so, I would be looking for loose connections, loose connectors, tilt mech problems or things shorting against one another with vibration or mechanical movement.

I've seen loose chip sockets on the MPU board cause this too...although that was a total reboot.

#6 9 years ago

Flipper diodes open or missing could cause this as well.

#7 9 years ago

aggressive play meaning the ball... not the player.
I'll look at the diodes in the matrix to see if I notice anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 10.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-restarts-game-during-agressive-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.