Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ksmmspt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Help needed: I've got a Bally ST on route and on occasion the machine credit window shows credits magically appearing. I was cleaning it and it kept going until I turned it off. It was up to 15 then. I restarted the machine and didn't hear from the owner until today. It's giving out free games again. Any ideas on what to check? It has replacement alltec boards (mpu, solenoid driver, lamp) along with a rebuilt power supply board. Thanks for your help!

#2 8 years ago

Did you clear the RAM on the Altek?

#3 8 years ago

And was it always set to Star Trek, or did you move the board from another game?

#4 8 years ago

Yes, it was always set to Star trek. I've had it in my home for the past 2 years, but it has been in a laundromat for the past month with decent play. I was wondering if a closed switch might cause this issue. I just got through adjusting the sling shot switches as they were a bit too close causing a rapid fire sling. So far, no problems since the adjustment. Maybe it's unrelated.

#5 8 years ago

Have to assume the game is achieving in game award and racking credits up. I think there is a few ways to get specials on the PF and they might let you keep doing it. A stuck switch or bad switch cap could be rapidly closing a switch. I forget exactly how this one plays right now.

Try setting dip 23 off(i think that will limit to one special per game)and look for switch problems.

if you set dip 14&15 to off. That should be the overall "novelty" setting and give no specials.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ksmmspt:

I was cleaning it and it kept going until I turned it off.

What does this mean?

#7 8 years ago

To dothedoo: As I was cleaning the playfield and targets, the machine starting racking up credits in the credit display as if I was pushing a service credits button. The credit sound was accompanying the increase in credits until I turned off the machine.

Barakandl: I actually have the game settings to award an extra ball for any special achieved as well as for certain score achievements. The only way to win a free game is by match or when beating the high score to date.

I'm going to go through and clean each switch and see if that helps. It can't hurt.

#8 8 years ago

Stuck switch????

2 months later
#9 8 years ago

Sorry for the late reply back. It was a sticking switch at one of the sling shots. Thanks for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-randomly-giving-free-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.