Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinballNZ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys, which plugs on the lamp board send the flashing signal? I had hardly any feature lamps lit and I repinned the J1 connector to the MPU pins 11-19 - This bought a lot more lights on but only a couple are flashing. There are approx 4-6 lamps that flash but a lot of others stay on - a few of them pulse like they are trying to flash.

Can anyone explain the theory as to how the computer controlled work. The MPU must make them blink but how?

Thanks
clive

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

Any ideas on how a flashing signal is jammed so that power is on all the time to the lamps?

#3 8 years ago

On this machine; your rectifier MUST cross zero for the SCRs to switch off.
Check the Bridge and more importantly; the parallel resistor to ensure they are good.

4 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

UPDATE: SOLVED

I had my mate come around ( experienced repairman) and he taught me how to use a logic probe to see the pulsing on the lamp driver board. Anyway he worked out that it was on the J4 plug of the mpu where the signal wasn't getting through. My recrimped connectors, well 1 anyway wasn't making contact with the pin. Took it out , bent it slightly , re placed and plugged in and now all lamps flash in attract mode, well at least the ones that are supposed to. Now its time to see how many bulb holders need replacing.

NOTE TO SELF : Be carefull crimping new connectors that the crimper doesn't collect the bent end and compress it meaning less or no contact is made to the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-attract-mode-lights-not-flashing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.