IMG_20200120_164618490 (resized).jpg
DSCN1957.JPG (resized).jpg
IMG_1262 (resized).JPG
IMG_1261 (resized).JPG
IMG_1260 (resized).JPG
IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Moving this out of the Try Xeenon group thread as it will eventually move on to Centaur (my next project after Xenon).

There's not a lot of options for mods available for the old solid state era so I'll be offering up anything that I come up with for those that are interested.

1st up .... Xenon

Inspired by fellow pinsider dothedoo , I've done my own spin on his idea of extra backglass illumination/animation.

It's a non-permanent mod that only requires some power from the GI rail on the lightboard since it has it's own control board and power rectification and regulation circuit

Mount the lightstrips, control box and clip onto the GI bus wires and you're good to go.

I'm thinking $50 +shipping (from Canada) covers the parts and a couple of beers. PM me if interested.

IMG_1254 (resized).JPGIMG_1254 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1260 (resized).JPGIMG_1260 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1262 (resized).JPGIMG_1262 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

Pretty cool

#3 4 years ago

That is cool. I added a couple "boob" lights to mine to make it stand out.

DSCN1957.JPG (resized).jpgDSCN1957.JPG (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

I like!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from zebulon:

Moving this out of the Try Xeenon group thread as it will eventually move on to Centaur (my next project after Xenon).
There's not a lot of options for mods available for the old solid state era so I'll be offering up anything that I come up with for those that are interested.
1st up .... Xenon
Inspired by fellow pinsider dothedoo , I've done my own spin on his idea of extra backglass illumination/animation.

It's a non-permanent mod that only requires some power from the GI rail on the lightboard since it has it's own control board and power rectification and regulation circuit
Mount the lightstrips, control box and clip onto the GI bus wires and you're good to go.
I'm thinking $50 +shipping (from Canada) covers the parts and a couple of beers. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That is cool. I added a couple "boob" lights to mine to make it stand out.[quoted image]

This should be the first mod every Xenon owner does...Of course boobs should always “stand out” . Lol

#8 4 years ago

I got hold of a Xenon that didn't have a light bar for the tube and i stumbled on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-xenon-tube-lamps-to-leds-vids-guide

I took it a little bit further and made every pair of LED's a different color. I also changed the cheesy plastic straps to stainless steel straps that match the ramp.

IMG_20200120_164618490 (resized).jpgIMG_20200120_164618490 (resized).jpgIMG_20200120_164626679 (resized).jpgIMG_20200120_164626679 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

One interesting thing is I see some people put that strap in the middle like that. Mine has always been on the far left edge by the ramp...which makes way more sense. I do like the steel though.

#10 4 years ago

sure! That reasoning makes sense. The official flyer from Bally has it in the center and i wanted to keep it original. i guess you could call me a strap in the center kind of guy

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnsonvillebrat:

I got hold of a Xenon that didn't have a light bar for the tube and i stumbled on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-xenon-tube-lamps-to-leds-vids-guide
I took it a little bit further and made every pair of LED's a different color. I also changed the cheesy plastic straps to stainless steel straps that match the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What straps/clamps did you use and where to get please?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

One interesting thing is I see some people put that strap in the middle like that. Mine has always been on the far left edge by the ramp...which makes way more sense. I do like the steel though.

The flyer shows the strap to the right of the spinner, but I agree, it looks better at the far left end of the tube.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnsonvillebrat:

[quoted image][quoted image]

If you're making those I could use one - or, if not, get them made bro!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from zebulon:

1st up .... Xenon

I'm thinking $50 +shipping (from Canada) covers the parts and a couple of beers. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I would like to do this to my Xenon. PM me.

#15 4 years ago

Also - there was someone on Pinside who had some laser etched (or other type of etching) tubes for Xenon- if they're around I sure would like one.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Also - there was someone on Pinside who had some laser etched (or other type of etching) tubes for Xenon- if they're around I sure would like one.

I bought one of those laser etched tubes years back but the diameter wasn't the same as oem. Slightly smaller IIRC. I might even still have it.

1 week later
#18 4 years ago

Got mine installed. Looks great! One question, in your video I see flashing as well as chasing. I've only seen this one chasing (but I've only been in attract at this point - wife is sleeping). Does it change in game?

#19 4 years ago

Looks great.

I don't remember the exact count but it will flash 3 or 4 times after every 50 or so strobes. It should flash at boot a couple of times and then start strobing.
It's not tied to any of the machine logic, just runs the 2 patterns.

2 years later
#20 1 year ago

If anyone still wants one of the backglass tubes mod I have 6 in inventory ready to go ....

https://zebsboards.ca/public_html/Xenon_Backglass_Mod

All prices in Canadian Pesos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ss-mods-currently-xenon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.