Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aladdin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Bally Supersonic backglass that has large pieces coming off the back. What is the best way and product to glue these back to the glass? Anyone ever reattached big pieces that have come off?

#2 9 years ago

Anyone?

#3 9 years ago

Krylon Triple Thick but that only is preventive maintenance and tiny flaking setting, not a major repair. Search online, I know there are blogs documenting what to do.

#4 9 years ago

Super Glue Gel works nice. DON'T get it on your fingers or the weights you use to keep the paint down.
A tiny amt goes a long way!
I will say that you may want to try Krylon Triple Thick afterwards using the Saran Wrap method. Leaving it in the hot sun seems to soften the paint flakes so there's less cracking of the paint.
Don't forget to leave the Backglass alone for at least 24 hrs before you try to remove the Saran Wrap.
Good luck! Post Pictures!

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

Ok I have read through old posts but I am still confused. I have large pieces of the art lifted from the glass but still attached to the good art. Do I superglue it down then use triple thick and Saran wrap process or do I spray triple thick between the glass and the art then use the Saran wrap method on the back at the same time I spray inside? Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to screw this up. Thanks

#6 9 years ago

I would use super glue first.
Squirt a little under the paint and stack some tiny weights on top.
DON'T use too much glue! Start with a small amt. You can always add more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ss-backglass-flaking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.