You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFD28620-B012-448C-B7AD-321C3A7106A3 (resized).jpeg
839C79C8-F2F5-40F8-B54F-8E82DDC3BAB3 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600-4 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I am working on a restore of a Bally Playboy, and the back playfield lock channel was missing. I have a replacement piece, but I'm not sure how it installs. I see the two screw holes in the slide of the cabinet right snap left side near the top but I'm not sure what the rest of the holes are for in the Stainless piece? Are are rubber bumpers attached to it, or does a wooden pice go inside it and scares to the wood? Any guidance or close up pics are appreciated. Thanks!!

s-l1600-4 (resized).jpgs-l1600-4 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Rubber bumpers go in the two holes on the bottom side. They are impossible to install so I cut the nub off and use silicone to glue them in place. The 4 mounting holes on the face use screws which go thru the black plastic glass retainer. They are a bitch to install. Loosely install the side screws. I usually use a straight pick to line up a mounting hole on the face. Then try starting at the hole next to it. work done the line till you get all 4 lined up. I can shoot a pic if needed.

#3 3 years ago

Here’s some pics I found of one of mine. You’ll need the black plastic piece for the glass to slide in. Not sure if you can buy those or not?

Long screws. 1 7/8 or 2” if that’s easier. 4 of them.

2 rubber stops. I think you can get them on mouser?

Where’d you get the metal channel?

839C79C8-F2F5-40F8-B54F-8E82DDC3BAB3 (resized).jpeg839C79C8-F2F5-40F8-B54F-8E82DDC3BAB3 (resized).jpegDFD28620-B012-448C-B7AD-321C3A7106A3 (resized).jpegDFD28620-B012-448C-B7AD-321C3A7106A3 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Where’d you get the metal channel?

Gadget here makes them.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

They are impossible to install so I cut the nub off and use silicone to glue them in place.

Not impossible, they're much easier to install (or remove, if need be) if you soak them in hot water first to soften them up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ss-back-playfield-lock-channel-q and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.