Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

On my recently completed Strikes and Spares I've had something strange happen a couple of times.

First, it's got the complete new board sets from Alltek, and a newly rebuilt power supply (rectifier board).

It was working fine for many games, then it suddenly started doing the following-
Ball goes in top-right saucer
Chimes AND top left pop bumper fire three times.
Game resets.

Upon inspection I noticed that the small clear protector on one of the switch lugs for the saucer was pulled back, but didn't notice any obvious shorts. I pulled the switch and re-seated the protector.
I also noticed that the wires for that switch were NEAR the pop bumper- but once again, no obvious shorts or cross-talk points. Just to be safe a adjusted a few wires for a little more clearance.

It hasn't reset since I went in and made those changes, but I'm still suspect that it might not have anything to do with the switches or wires in that area and wanted to put it forth to experts for other areas to check should it happen again.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

These games do some weird things sometimes. My Mata Hari has sent the chime start up signals to solenoids on the playfield before and other weird behavior. This is w/Alltek boards too. After cutting the game off and checking connectors it went back to normal. "Falls in a well, eyes go crossed. Gets kicked in the head by a mule they go straight again....I don't know".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ss-alltek-trifecta-top-saucer-causes-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.