• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EMDude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

940B47DC-238C-476B-A698-05AF2A437A5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Just picked up an '81 Fireball II and everything works great except some of the sounds. Voice call outs are fine as are pop bumper and slingshot sounds but no rollover or standup/drop target sounds and no background sound -- if I lean under the machine and listen really closely when these features are hit I can hear a very faint sound as well as the background sound. When I toggle sound option to old school "chimes" every switch appears to make a sound, it's only in 'modern sounds' modes where the problem appears. Thanks!

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Have you tried adjusting the sound pot on the board? Bottom right side of the board, next to the speech pot. Cleaning those pots often helps. Remove board, pour a small amount of alcohol on the pots, twist pots both directions several time, blow dry or air dry. Use 91% isopropyl alcohol, lower concentration takes long to dry/ evaporate.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#Squawk_.26_Talk_Sound_Board_.28AS-2518-61.29

I did twist it back and forth a few times but will try the alcohol method. Would a dirty pot hold back some of the sounds while letting others through clearly?

1 week later
#11 1 year ago

Update: I got a deluxe cap kit from Big Daddy and recapped the board and everything works correctly now! I didn’t replace the 2 pots as that did not appear to be the problem. Thanks everyone for your tips and comments!!

940B47DC-238C-476B-A698-05AF2A437A5F (resized).jpeg940B47DC-238C-476B-A698-05AF2A437A5F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
£ 195.00
$ 90.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-squawk-amp-talk-sound-issue-voice-okay?tu=EMDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.