(Topic ID: 186934)

Bally Spy Hunter picture needed (and another question)

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4101 (resized).JPG
IMG_4100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4098 (resized).JPG
IMG_4099 (resized).JPG
IMG_4102 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I am working on a game for a customer and I need a picture of under the playfield where the pop bumper is. I am looking to see which wire goes to which lug and the direction of the diode as we need to replace the coil after a botched repair where I'm pretty sure things got swapped around which blew the transistor (again). Thanks.

If we have the diode in the right direction with the proper wiring, and a new transistor, is there anything else in these old Bally games that could blow the transistor/under playfield fuse? I am thinking with the wiring sorted out properly it will stop blowing the transistor as obviously a backwards diode is cause for immediate trouble and will blow the transistor. There was a brand new coil and diode but I will be ordering another one just to be safe since it is in their budget.

The playfield fuse blows immediately when this solenoid was connected, but it may have been backwards. Attempts to swap the wiring after caused the same thing - but without the transistor being replaced. I am thinking with the transistor replaced and the wiring being correct the FIRST time that we should be golden?

Thanks,
Otaku

#2 7 years ago

Let me know if you need any more, or a different angle.

IMG_4102 (resized).JPGIMG_4102 (resized).JPG

IMG_4099 (resized).JPGIMG_4099 (resized).JPG

IMG_4098 (resized).JPGIMG_4098 (resized).JPG

IMG_4100 (resized).JPGIMG_4100 (resized).JPG

IMG_4101 (resized).JPGIMG_4101 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Let me know if you need any more, or a different angle.

PERFECT. Thank you SO much! Very quick response too, really great.

#4 7 years ago

Happy to help. Good luck with the repair.

#5 7 years ago

BTW, if you ever happen to run across a back glass for one I need it. When I bought mine the sellers kids accidentally broke it before I bought it. Been looking for about 6 years now with no luck...

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

BTW, if you ever happen to run across a back glass for one I need it. When I bought mine the sellers kids accidentally broke it before I bought it. Been looking for about 6 years now with no luck...

I would definitely try bgresto.com, colors might not be 100% perfect but I've heard they are very close and obviously much better than not having any backglass at all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
825 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-spy-hunter-picture-needed-and-another-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.