This is pretty new to me after just bringing my 4 Bally machines out of storage after 15 years.
I'd like to ascertain whether it is feasible to do remedial work on Spy Hunter to get it into a usable state.
The alternative would be selling up in its current state and handing over to a professional.
- The playfield and backlight lamps illuminate.
- Machine's MPU completes the 7 flashes (+flicker).
- There is a solenoid or relay click on flash 5 and again after flash 7.
- There is no activity on the plasma displays although the CREDIT/Ball# display has a small orange dot at the bottom.
- There is no sound at all.
- Pressing the game start button initiates a new game as expected indicated only by the playfield lamps.
- The ball fails to be kicked out into play.
- Flippers function as normal.
I have some basic skills and test equipment (multimeter testing / soldering)
Is anyone able to suggest any steps i might take to test?
I've uploaded a short video of symptoms here:
Many thanks in advance.