Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mg81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am hoping someone has schematics for Spectrum. I have a long dead one I have been slowly bringing back to life. IPDB has the manual but no schematics.

I finally got it to boot, but it seems to have at least two locked on lamps (likely shorted closed lamp transistor). I hoping someone has a schematic so I don't need to try and figure out which one(s) it is on the TWO lamp boards.

Also, I am sure I will need it for something else for this project.

I will post an update if/when I find a copy of the schematics. So please, if you are reading this I still need a copy of the schematics for this great, unusual pin.

Thanks in advance.

My direct email is:
[email protected]

#2 9 years ago

find the wire colors on the bulbs that are trouble and find those wires on the jacks of the lamp driver board(s). scratch a mark next to the jack pin. remove board, flip over , and follow the trace to the scr that controls it.

#3 9 years ago

I can email you some scans right away.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

I can email you some scans right away.

Excellent - you now have a better version than mine !

#5 9 years ago

Ah so this is why you didnt want to have the better version.

#6 9 years ago

Thank you for the great photos. Just what I needed. What a mess of lamps in this pin!

Looking forward to playing my first game of Spectrum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Decals
J and D Arcade

$ 10.00
$ 5,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-spectrum-looking-for-schematics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.