Bally special forces shows game over but won't accept credits

By Gmwd

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,
I'm totally new to pinball and have acquired my first machine. It's a Bally special forces I think I got a good deal at 150.00. The machine turns on lights up and shows game over, but when I insert a quarter nothing happens? By this I mean the game still shows game over with no credits displayed. I'm not sure where to go from here, I have checked all the fuses I can find and they are all good. When I press The test button it's showing switches are closed? It says to press test button again to exit the menu but this does does nothing. I am technical (mechanically) by trade and have understanding of dmm but not so much the electrical side. Could someone please help me out?
Thanks
Geof

#2 8 years ago

Update to this, I found some stuck switches did some cleaning and now when I start the machine weapon dt flashes on the screen. Also as far as I can tell the solenoid so don't fire (flippers) so I'm assuming they won't engage without credits in the machine?( still won't register credits when the switches are tripped)

#3 8 years ago

look in the manual, and you will need to do a factory reset. The ram is corrupted because the battery is missing/dead.

3 years later
#4 4 years ago

I know this is an old thread but in the menu there's an option to set "maximum credits allowed" I believe it's called, and if that's at the 0 default (where it goes after factory reset) then it won't accept any credits and it won't even allow a game to start on free play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-special-forces-shows-game-over-but-wont-accept-credits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.