Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

391793_orig (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
20171111_205314 (resized).jpg
20171112_091656 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hello,

Newbie here purchased my first pin Special Forces.

I purchased a rebuild kit for the flippers left and right and have installed them what I believe to be the same as what the originals were but now I can feel the plunger getting warm and they shut off and I have now blown a fuse so I believe they are wired incorrectly attached is a photo could somebody please explain which wire's go where, also would there be a difference in the left and the right or would they be wired the same
Thanks

20171112_091656 (resized).jpg20171112_091656 (resized).jpg

20171111_205314 (resized).jpg20171111_205314 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Does your eos switch open?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Does your eos switch open?

Yes, i adjusted it so when flipper is fully activated there is 1/8th gap, i unsoldered the wires from the flippers and the pin been on 20 min and i been manually messing around and have not had any problems. I checked my wiring and i measured the brown wires which show 43v, i know the grey are the returns im just not sure how they hook to the coil. Here is a diagram of the coil i got from Marco but i don't know allot on reading schematics yet.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Wisker:

Yes, i adjusted it so when flipper is fully activated there is 1/8th gap, i unsoldered the wires from the flippers and the pin been on 20 min and i been manually messing around and have not had any problems. I checked my wiring and i measured the brown wires which show 43v, i know the grey are the returns im just not sure how they hook to the coil. Here is a diagram of the coil i got from Marco but i don't know allot on reading schematics yet.

Would this be correct?

391793_orig (resized).jpg391793_orig (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Wisker:

Would this be correct?

im seeing the coil being installed so the connectors face the stop, there any benefit to this?

#6 6 years ago

Sounds like you've got an EOS switch issue there, the theory is that when you have the button pressed the big coil (thin wire) energizes, this coil draws a ton and will blow the fuse and melt down pretty quickly if it's left on, then when the flipper is at the top it opens the EOS switch and only the thick wire is left on and the thin wire is cut out. I'd suspect your double wire shouldn't be in the middle but on the outside opposite your gray wire on the EOS and Power return lug. This would result in leaving the high current coil energized and cutting out the low current coil which would melt things and blow fuses. I can grab you a pic of my xenon tonight and you can see that, Bally has held these relatively consistent over the years and the differences have been.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-special-forces-flipper-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.