• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Burdy323
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey,

So on my Special Force i'm having some issues regarding some bulbs. The right flasher does not work when firing rockets, the collect bonus does not work, the 3 red circles by the bumper's do not work, and the left bumper's light stays illuminated as if it is a GI - it never shuts off or flashes.

I tried reseating the connection for the collect bonus light but it did not work - the adjacent bomb bulb it shared the connector with, however, worked as it should and went out until the wire was back in. I followed the left bumper to I believe to be J13 pin 12 or 13 - so I disconnected both and oddly enough the bumper's light's never went out - the GI's that shared the wire did, however.

I couldn't find what lights the flashers and the 3 red circles would be considered in the manual so I didn't mess with any pin's for those. I already changed the bulb's for every one of these too no avail.

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

Hmmm. The flashers work in a chain so if one goes out, they all do. But if you replaced them all, then that is likely not your problem. Did you trace the wires to make sure there were no breaks?

Not sure about the other issues.

#4 8 years ago

what happens in test mode

#5 8 years ago

Well Raff, an odd issue has occurred - the game plays fine, however, I cannot reach test mode. Everytime I try to reach it, I go straight into switch test mode and a bunch of switches go off on the alert sequence - but the thing is - they're fine and the game scores and plays perfectly. Last time I had this issue it was because the PF solenoid died - but I replaced the current one and still have the same issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-special-force-lightbulb-related-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.