• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtgedney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

My Special Force right flipper started machine gunning or fluttering when the button is engaged. It looks like the thin wire off the coil has separated thus not allowing the eos switch to do its job. Should I replace coil or can this wire be soldered back on? If so, where does it go?

#2 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6 8 years ago

My assumption is it needs to be soldered to the bottom most lug in the image above. It is the only one where there is no longer a connection. Solder it anywhere on the lug? Looks like there maybe a thin plastic coating on the wire from coil. Will this burn off enough to stay? Not a lot of experience with solinoids. Thx for your help. If this does not work I will replace entire coil.

#8 8 years ago

I have one lead from coil that is loose. Very thin. No thin wire to middle lug or bottom lug. I think I may be better off buying new.

#11 8 years ago

Well this is frustrating. So the back story to this fluttering flipper is I turned on the machine and due to a blown fuse the drop targets would not pop back up. I believe the machine was giving errors of weapon dt, top dt, etc... I replaced the fuse and restarted the machine. That is when the right flipper started fluttering. Then I noticed the thin wire and hence the thread (no pun intended). I replaced the coil and it worked once. Both flippers went dead. I restarted the machine to get the very same errors. Drop targets are not popping up. No flipper action. No solinoids. All fuses look good. I have not checked playfield yet. Any ideas?

#13 8 years ago

All playfield fuses good. I guessing something is wrong on the main board. All fuses are good. You cannot start a game when you get those errors for drop targets.

#14 8 years ago

Ok. I am worried something more concerning is going on with This machine. All fuses checked out. In self test not one solenoid fired. There is no power to any of them. I doubt all transistors are bad. Could it be a relay or other common item that has failed?

#15 8 years ago

Well I got it running for about a day. There was a common wire with bad solder job near top of the playfield. It may have been first in the line and prohibited current to other coils.
On to the next issue. Lost all coils with exception to flippers. Found playfield fuse blew. Replaced and now flippers are weak. I honestly haven't investigated further b/c I am nearly spent in these 6803s. So problematic. Hoping someone has idea where to start to tackle this issue...

#18 8 years ago

I am fairly certain it no longer has anything to do with the flippers. Blew the same fuse again tonight (1 amp playfield). Replaced and checked power at all coils. All good readings at 43 to 44vdc besides the weapons drop target coil. Reading like 2 vdc. Could it be a short in the coil? Seems like too much stuff to go wrong all of a sudden.

#20 8 years ago

It is doing all kinds of crazy stuff. I cannot get the coils to engage when grounded. They show 43 vdc. This should have nothing to do with transistors or the MPU. If you have 43 volts and is grounded, why nothing?

#22 8 years ago

I also tried to fire them by touching the transistors on MPU. Still nothing? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

#24 8 years ago

I am idiot. J6 connector upside down. Fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtgedney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-special-force-flipper-flutter?tu=mtgedney and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.