Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Black Rose.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi!

I'm looking for help with a 3D print I need. I know that for anyone even briefly familiar with 3D printing this will only take a while. To the point.

Could someone please make an .stl (or whatever it is, the 3D printer file) for me of the Bally speaker cover logo? It's the one above the backglass:

Black Rose.jpgBlack Rose.jpg

It only takes a moment (Google "Bally pinball logo", open image in appropriate program, extrude by 0.25cm, save as 3D print file). I don't have the program or the knowledge of how to do this, I don't even have a 3D printer. I've got the theoretical knowledge, but not the practical capabilities... Sending this off to a company to print out for my EATPM restoration.

I'd be very grateful.

#3 9 years ago

Creating this in a 3d file will take a bit more work than described.
A) the google image will be a jpeg most likely, if it's a clean enough image it can be used as a template to recreate the artwork (keep in mind that the "B" isn't connected to the rest of the letters and will need to be attached much like the logo linked above)
b) extruding the typeface won't look correct as this typeface should have curved edges
c) any mounting specifications for the back (brackets ect?)
D) final size needed?

If the above mentioned link doesn't work for what you want, those will be the items needed to be specified for this to be designed for you. Best of luck

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

b) extruding the typeface won't look correct as this typeface should have curved edges

Not sure what software you are thinking of using, but in maya that part is fairly trivial. Extrude the typeface and then use the edge loop tool.

For this though I do an outline of the text. Then do an outline of the backing piece, aka black area. Extrude them to size. Edge loop tool. Done.

Problem is this violates copyright and not worth it even if it were unavailable.

#5 9 years ago

It only violates copyright if you intend to make money on it. Thanks for the link!

4 years later
#6 4 years ago

I know this is an old thread but search on here did't dig up any other close results...I'm looking for a Bally speaker logo in STL file format so I can 3D print one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 45.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 49.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-speaker-logo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.