Screen_Shot_2015-09-11_at_11.04.13_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-09-11_at_11.02.55_PM.png
IMG_0810.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg
IMG_0806.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So TrilogyBeer was over tonight dropping off my new pin gulp and we open up the Speakeasy project game I had picked up recently. We put the pf up and I say wow they paint the bottom of this? He says, "oh wow, its one of those synthetic play fields" or something like that.

Very cool stuff, Ive never seen before. Held up pretty well over the years, especially that outer loop wear you get from launching the ball. Only real bad spots were from a few inserts becoming raised/sunk.

IMG_0810.jpgIMG_0810.jpgIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0808.jpgIMG_0808.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpgIMG_0806.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I've had a couple of these through the years, and what i've noticed is that they always have burned or loose 30k and 60k bonus inserts and after closer inspection i noticed that in attractmode these lights are always on, unlike the rest.
This builds up more heat than flickering lights.
You might want to bend
these lampholders a bit further from the playfield to keep them cooler.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from cudabee:

I've had a couple of these through the years, and what i've noticed is that they always have burned or loose 30k and 60k bonus inserts and after closer inspection i noticed that in attractmode these lights are always on, unlike the rest.
This builds up more heat than flickering lights.
You might want to move these lampholders a bit further from the playfield to keep them cooler.

I did order all new Alltek boards for everything except the soundboard tonight and will switch all the bulbs over to LED's.

Cant wait to get this thing up and running, good amount of corrosion on the MPU assembly.

#4 8 years ago

It's a cool game, I would buy one.

They don't come up for sale that often.

rd

#5 8 years ago

These plastic playfields wore like iron but they had one big drawback: self-tapping screwholes had about one cycle lifetime. In other words, you might not have any luck replacing a screw in an existing hole. The plastic threads usually disintegrated when you removed the screw. JLC

#6 8 years ago

exactly as said @fortudoor, be careful with that.
I had 2 speakeasy4, insert wear on 60 is almost always present. one was in super shape quasi no wear.
Careful with the flyaway targets too , unobtainium.
You might have trouble adjusting the switches for that, and some broken leafs.
Unique game in many ways (playfield, low production if speakeasy4, flyaways, backbox same size as body..)

nice touch the EBD caps lol, you should change that. I might have the SVG file somewhere of the star for the caps if needed.

#7 8 years ago

Roger that on the screw holes getting stripped out.

Quoted from archaik:

I might have the SVG file somewhere of the star for the caps if needed.

Sweet, I might take you up on that, Thanks!

Since this is a plastic play field, I cant wait to get my garden hose out to clean it.

#8 8 years ago

*Tech* advice needed....F3 was blown and looks like a 4amp fast blow? I only have a 4amp slow blow on hand. Any damage potential?

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 11.04.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-11 at 11.04.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-11 at 11.02.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-11 at 11.02.55 PM.png

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

These plastic playfields wore like iron but they had one big drawback: self-tapping screwholes had about one cycle lifetime. In other words, you might not have any luck replacing a screw in an existing hole. The plastic threads usually disintegrated when you removed the screw. JLC

They also warp. I had a Speakeasy that could not be leveled. It was warped long ways. There are other Bally pins with resin playfields (mostly sample games) plus at least 5 Bally bingos. You can tell they are resin by their olive color on the underside of the playfield.
Jay lists the following games with at least SOME resin playfields. There may be more. Wall Street, Mata Hari, Dixieland, Nashville, Nitro Groundshaker, Rolling Stones, Malibu Beach, Miss America Deluxe, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mississippi Riverboat and of course, Speakeasy. Can anyone add to this list?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

*Tech* advice needed....F3 was blown and looks like a 4amp fast blow? I only have a 4amp slow blow on hand. Any damage potential?

Don't do it.

In a pinch, you can put a same value, fast blow in place of a slo-blow for testing, but not the other way around.

You don't want the circuit damaged in the time it would take a slo-blow to finally kick.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't do it.
In a pinch, you can put a same value, fast blow in place of a slo-blow for testing, but not the other way around.
You don't want the circuit damaged in the time it would take a slo-blow to finally kick.

Alrighty, I'll hit the hardware store. Thanks vid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-speakeasy-plastic-resin-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.