Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hellfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

What are some common issues with this machine. What areas wold I expect to see wear and what is the price range for a decent one. Any insight is appreciated.

The 2 player not the 4 player.
Bally Speakeasy.

#2 9 years ago

Just picked one up the other day, this is my first one and I gotta say I'm impressed with it. Fun game even if it is an Add A Ball, which I dont care for but the game play is fast and you dont really notice the added balls. A nice one thats fully shopped and working all the way should bring $1000 anyways. As for wear spots I couldn't tell you since this one is nice all the way around. Good luck with your's.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 9 years ago

Not really any issues with game, playfield was coated with a plastic type clear coat, i have owned about 4 and never seen a bad playfield, the flyaway targets maybe the only pain in the ass if they are not working right. I own a speak easy now and my flyaway targets work and not damaged. Dont think anybody is making replacements flyaway or the decals that go on them. If the game is set up on 3 ball and tuned up right the game can be fun and hard to beat. Kind of a dark game as far as it lite up, bally could have put more spots to put bulbs in but im thinking going with warm white led bulbs, the bulb holders under the playfield are ok but you will have to replace a few of them as they break from bending them over time when putting bulbs in. All in all not a bad game, cool that you can win free balls and games. Price is going to be around 800.-900. For a 100% working and shopped out the right way to 500-600 for one that needs some love, but thats what IM willing to pay for one.

#4 9 years ago

the fly away targets are an issue. they break easy and they use their own style of switch unique to them which always break and do not work correct often.. it is not a good players game at all. they sell working shopped and nice shape 350 to 700 max all day long.
i had a documented HUO one i sold a few years ago and it only brought $1300 ish on epay. it was mint, never had a coin dropped through it and it was was purchased directly from bally with receipt. it also was a prototype test game with a few differences.

#5 9 years ago

Issue on this game, the below the playfield attached relay 48v.

If it's stuck in attrackt mode and come not to a full reboot, suspect this relay ....

The playfield is not real wood, never seen one with wear, so the playfields hold up pretty well.

#6 9 years ago

If the cards break you are out of luck.

They always seem to be in great condition.

They are usually $400-700.

You can use some Flexi-bulbs to try and get some extra light on the playfield

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

the fly away targets are an issue. they break easy and they use their own style of switch unique to them which always break and do not work correct often.. it is not a good players game at all. they sell working shopped and nice shape 350 to 700 max all day long.
i had a documented HUO one i sold a few years ago and it only brought $1300 ish on epay. it was mint, never had a coin dropped through it and it was was purchased directly from bally with receipt. it also was a prototype test game with a few differences.

I agree with Andy. Not much fun to play at all. If you are going to buy one, get some serious play time before you buy.

3 months later
#8 9 years ago

I'm in need of the metal plate that covers fly away targets any help,? Thanks

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just picked one up the other day, this is my first one and I gotta say I'm impressed with it. Fun game even if it is an Add A Ball, which I dont care for but the game play is fast and you dont really notice the added balls. A nice one thats fully shopped and working all the way should bring $1000 anyways. As for wear spots I couldn't tell you since this one is nice all the way around. Good luck with your's.

Just about every Speakeasy is very nice becouse the playfield is made out of some type of plastic/wood composite material. its the only pinball from the era that had this playfield and they all seem to be very nice and I noticed the inserts dont crack or come loose like in the wood playfields.
I have a Speakeasy it is a fun game but most people dont understand the ruleset you have to get the cards in order to get the big payout and then you have the extra button you can chose to sacrifice 25k points to remove a card thats out of sequence and the add a ball is also a 2 edged sword the roulette wheel can also subtract a ball on you and typicly does this more than it gives you a ball lol.

The flip up targets usualy get beat up becouse the plexiglass roulette wheel cover is not flush with the playfield, if it is slightly lower than the playfield surface it launches the ball right into the the flip up mounting rod breaking the targets.

Its obviously not the best or my favorite Bally but i like it becouse its kind of a odd duck the narrow backbox goes with the old school theme. The flip up targets, + / - ball is a cool feature. the roulette wheel is a nice addition. It has to be appreciated for it originality, It might not be the best player but it is better than say Kiss or Gorgar. The sound is a disapointment it should have had a S&T board with some voice. It isnt a great game for a small collection but since i have most of the great Ballys from the era it is a nice addition and something different like Spectrum.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
$ 90.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-speakeasy-2-player-buying-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.