• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Reed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_1972_Space_Time_Reproduction_Parts_List.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 6 years ago

I'm in the process of rebuilding both flipper units and want to replace one (likely both) of the coils because the sleeve is stuck in the coil. On the machine now, the coils are designated AF 25-600/28-800. In the online 1973 Bally's parts manual, it lists the coils as AF 26-650/30-1200 and on another online parts list I found, it says AF-26-650/28/800. I understand what the numbers represent. One supplier I see has the first one and the third one in stock. Is there any reason not to get the first one?

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I would say that PBR's BLY-AF26-650/28-800 is the way to go. http://www.pbresource.com/coilbly.html

Bally_1972_Space_Time_Reproduction_Parts_List.pdfBally_1972_Space_Time_Reproduction_Parts_List.pdf

#3 6 years ago

Less turns of thicker wire will make for stronger flippers. How do you like the flipper strength you have now?

#4 6 years ago

Thanks Currieddog, that's where I got the one I listed. Not sure why those are not the ones that are in the machine now, someone must have replaced them at some point.

From HowardR's info, the ones that are already installed (AF 25-600/28-800) have thicker wire and fewer windings, so they should be a bit stronger. I wonder if the difference is large enough to feel during play. The flipper action seems fine to me and perhaps should be a bit better after I install new coil sleeves, springs, etc.

Cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-time-flipper-coil-choices?hl=reed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.