Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 days ago

I'm having the dreaded switch matrix problem with my Bally Space Invaders. During play when the right side single drop target is hit and the switch registers, this is when the issue occurs. While the drop target remains down, closing the switch, both flippers sporadically trigger the drop target switch to fire hence giving the drop target specific sound and also registering another 500 points for said switch.

So far I've visually inspected the switch contacts and it is closing tightly and gapped properly when open. I've also replaced the switch diode at the switch which incidentally is switch 34. On the switch diagram I noticed that both upper flippers, both slingshots, and all pop bumpers reside on the same column as the drop target switch 34. Any ideas what to try next?

#2 7 days ago

update. More strangeness. I've noticed that my plumb bob tilt will activate the right pop bumper in switch test, and the slam tilt next to the plumb bob activates the left pop bumper. I know there's a way to diagnose the switch matrix with the rectangles, but I'm pretty confused at this point.

#3 7 days ago

Any switch capacitors?

#4 7 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Any switch capacitors?

Yes a lot. I’m going to start clipping them to see if I can find the culprit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 90.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!