(Topic ID: 25089)

Space invaders Owners Club And Restorations Fans Also Welcome.

By Hellfire

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Bundy
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

si (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpeg
Bally-Parts-Catalog-198040 copy (resized).jpg
100_6926 (resized).JPG
100_6927 (resized).JPG
20240119_134744 (resized).jpg
20240106_184013 (resized).jpg
20240106_184008 (resized).jpg
20240106_184001 (resized).jpg
20240106_183956 (resized).jpg
20240106_183947 (resized).jpg
20240106_183928 (resized).jpg
20240106_183853 (resized).jpg
20240106_183843 (resized).jpg
20240106_184559 (resized).jpg
20240106_122058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m looking to join the club, but I’d like to do it as a project and start from the ground up. Does anyone have a populated Playfield to sell? The art on the wood is not important, I’ll get a cpr when the time comes, but I will need everything else on the Playfield

Thank you for any help

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

There are quite a few beat up games out there that I'm sure you could fine a populated playfield. Pretty sure I saw one in a group someone had for sale a few weeks back. There aren't that many parts to the game that are unique either. Only harder parts to acquire would likely be the apron, drop target banks, horseshoe ball guide, transformer and backglasses. I don't think it will be too bad to source boards, playfield, plastics, posts, etc... as all of them have been remade as of late.
Technically I think I have a spare horsehoe ball guide as Vid1900 made me a new one a year or so back that is going on SI once i get a new pf.
Let me know if you need that and i can send it your way. Good luck on the scratch build.

Quoted from Damagio:

chosen_s I think you can find most of the PF parts new for a reasonable price. This is a great project game because most parts are available and it’s relatively easy to work on. The back glass is very expensive, so that should be a priority. I will have some extra parts soon, but they won’t be mint (which is why I am swapping them out).

Thanks guys, I’m good with Not mint parts, I plan to do a lot of cleaning as needed. I have most of the underside parts from other projects, and most of the mechanical parts; mostly looking for all of the hardware for the top;

Horseshoe Ball guide, ball guid brackets, Playfield rails, posts, apron, lamp sockets, spinner

I appreciate any thing I can get from you guys from your refurbishments!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

I might be able to help with the playfield rails fairly soon as well. I need to get ahold of Reese Rails and see if he can use my old rails to make a template for some new ones. I'll have a spare rail set and horseshoe ball guide once I can get a new PF to start populating.

Sweet! Love me some alien wood!

Wait, that didn’t come out right

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

So I read through Clay’s Guide to repairing vintage Bally SS machines and as usual, it is extremely thorough and well laid out. Of particular interest to me was the ROM and jumper issue with the MPUs. Definitely saved myself some upcoming headaches and frustration. Going to start with the Power supply and do all of the recommended upgrades, get it right and then tackle the MPU. So glad I came across a really good looking replacement because mine has way more alkali damage then I care to deal with. I don’t want to use this POS at the heart of a refurbished machine...at least the ROMS look perfect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have refurbished several of the Bally/stern power boards... from now on, I’m replacing them with new boards for what it’s worth.

The mpu can always be saved, but finding a better one may be preferable

1 year later
#391 3 years ago

Hi guys, I’m looking for a decent space invaders playfield, I would like all of the art to be intact, or at least 95% of it.

I missed out on the cpr run, but would love to have a nice example I could restore

Please message me

3 weeks later
#397 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Out of the blue just now I checked CPR for a new playfield ... and one showed up. That’s it. One. They’re sold out again. I’ve been waiting years for one. Mind blown. [quoted image]

Nice, I should have bought one a month ago, just don’t have a game to put it in. Some of my favorite art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-invaders-playfield-restoration?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.