• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi,

I have been struggling with my SI infinity lights.

I replaced the rectifier board with one from Pinball life and it worked great for a few months. ( the original rectifier board is a hacked up mess)

Now it will only display the infinity lights for 5 minutes or so and they shut off along with the switch lights.

Now the score display lights go off also.

I have been re pinning connectors Re soldering cold joints and nothing seems to help.

I took my Rectifier board and transformer assembly from a strikes and spares that is on the back burner and now it is running but the lights are dim.

There is one blue wire in the upper left connector on the SI rectifier board connector that fits on the pinball life board but has no home on the Strikes and spares board.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

#2 1 year ago

Oh boy! You cannot substitute your S&S power assembly into SI for more than a few minutes. The SI rectifier assembly is designed to handle the heavier load of the extra lamps. The SI board has an extra connection for the switched lamps that S&S didn't need. You should put the original rectifier assembly back and troubleshoot or you risk frying the S&S assembly.

Whenever I hear about repining I get goosebumps. Be careful. Before you fire up the correct SI rectifier board. post some closeups of the wiring in the connectors. No displays may mean you miswired the 190v circuit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-invaders-infinity-lights-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.