(Topic ID: 219690)

Bally Space invader tilting

By mongi

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I presume the MPU board has suffered battery corrosion in the past?

Does the problem occur when both J2 (playfield switch harness) and J3 (cabinet switch harness) are disconnected from the MPU board? (you can disconnect them live).

If yes:
    Switch the machine off
    Leave both J2 and J3 connectors disconnected from the MPU board
    Grab your multi-meter and connect the black meter lead to ground.
    Set the multi-meter to measure resistance, if your meter is not auto-ranging, set it to 200k ohms

With the red meter lead, measure the resistance on pins 1 to 5 on MPU J2 pin header. They should all read around 56k ohms.

With the red meter lead, measure the resistance on pins 8 to 15 on MPU J2 pin header They should all read around 56k ohms.

Report back any substantially lower readings and post clear pictures of the MPU board.

#8 5 years ago

If you disconnect J2 (playfield harness) from the MPU board and it still reports #07 (tilt) in switch test mode, how do you know the cabinet tilts are working? Did you also disconnect J3 (cabinet harness) to confirm the problem is on the MPU board?

#12 5 years ago

See post #2 above.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thorzhammer88:

So I'm having this exact same issue on my Future Spa, but I unplugged J3 and it DID clear the stuck switch. What's the next course of action?

See post #3 and #5 above.
    If disconnecting J3 from the MPU board cleared the tilt switch closure, then the next step is to cut one leg of the capacitor at the plumb bob tilt to disconnect the capacitor from circuit. The capacitor may have a partial internal short.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-invader-tilting?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.