Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200703_090056 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200703-083937_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200703-080801_Drive (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Love this game. Recently got mine back, so I'll do what I can if you need pics/observations/comparisons, etc. Interesting glitch ya got here.

I just went and tinkered with mine a little bit to see if I could duplicate this behavior. The slam tilt switch on the coin door does cause all the lights to go out (coin slot lights stay on), so that might be a one thing to investigate.

#7 3 years ago

As the others have hinted, it seems your Lock relay is involved, since the Lock relay being Off is what puts it into that state (all lights out less coin door).

I don't have the schematic (I'll have to check on my computer, maybe I have a scan) ... but things I see that deactivate the Lock relay are turning the power off (then power on to return to that state), the coin door slam switch, and the drop/kick switch (weighted switch mounted parallel in the floor of the cabinet, located next to the Top Hole relay).

I also noticed the drop/kick switch and the outhole switch (closed when your ball is in the trough) appear to share the same yellow ground wire. Might not be anything, just something else common to these components.

When you encounter the glitch, does that Delay lamp come on? If so, this could indicate the slam switch or drop switch may be involved. If not, we might be able to rule them out.

#10 3 years ago

From your video, regarding the saucer being active without a game being started: mine does this too, and I believe this is normal -- to get a "stuck" ball back to the drain.

For example, player walks away and leaves a ball in the shooter lane. Operator shuts down power to games, but then notices ball in shooter lane. Operator launches ball to get game back to normal startup configuration. Ball lands in saucer and is now stuck there since power is off. Next time it's turned on and it detects saucer switch, kicker kicks ball out and drains it, now ready for a game.

#11 3 years ago

For starters, FYI, per the Champ schematic, the Lock relay is activated by the left flipper or the coin relay. Once it's activated by one of these two, a now-closed switch on the Lock relay keeps it activated.

Screenshot_20200703-080801_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200703-080801_Drive (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago

I'm not the greatest at reading schematics, so hopefully someone else can chime in ... but it looks to me like the only thing that can cut power to the lock relay is a switch on the Delay relay, a fuse, or cutting the power off altogether.

However, i just tried tripping the switch manually on the Delay relay and that still activates it at any time, even during a reset and even with no ball in the outhole. In your video the delay light doesn't appear to come on (I think, as it was mostly out of view), so that doesn't look to be the culprit. Hmm.

Just to cover the bases and rule it out, maybe swap out that fuse to make sure it's not just being flaky?

Screenshot_20200703-083937_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200703-083937_Drive (resized).jpg

20200703_090056 (resized).jpg20200703_090056 (resized).jpg
#14 3 years ago

Awesome!! Glad you got it going.

On the pop bumper sticking, be sure the spoon and skirt tip are clean, might need some switch stack adjustment too.

From your video, I also noticed -- Double Bonus is supposed to light on your last ball. Since you noted the Balls to Play isn't working, once you get that going, Double Bonus will hopefully start working properly. So yeah, better dive into that ball unit stepper, get it all cleaned up and see what's happening there.

I must say, your game is beautiful! The cabinet and plastics and colors look great. Makes mine very jealous, which definitely shows more signs of age. It's a relatively simple game, but addicting and fun. I've rolled it (>199,990) a handful of times and even broke 300K in one miracle game.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

BTW, I uploaded schematics, game operation and parts list to IPBD.org (https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?2196) so hopefully that helps someone. Thanks again for the help w/ my game. Playing good so far.

Thank you for doing this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-sky-kings-startup-problem?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.