Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

As I said in my EM pinball hangout post I was gifted a Bally Sky Divers to work on in my "spare" time.

I went through all the switches/coils to make sure the were free and moving which everything was. Nothing looked burnt or rusted stuck, and other than being quite dusty on the outside, the inside was clean.

I added some credits to the replay wheel, set the score to a random number and pushed the credit button. The score will reset to zero, replays start counting down, not stopping until it reaches zero. The brown disk assembly in the upper part of the back cabinet (label nearby says "thumper control unit" will continue to click away and the score motor unit in the base cabinet will keep spinning. I found if I lift up on the big coil in the middle of the cabinet attached to a row of switches everything shuts off and until I add some credits and push the credit button. If I unplug it instead of tripping the switches and plug it back in the thumper control unit will resume clicking and and score motor unit will start spinning without me touching anything.

When I add more credits and a random score it will again reset score, continue to count replays down to zero and stop, thumper control unit(?) clicks away, and score motor spins until I unplug it or lift up on the coil and trip the switches. Done this multiple times trying to see if I could see something obvious but nothing stands out. Don't know if ties into my problem but the light bulb behind the "er" in divers will start flashing.

Don't want to randomly start pok'n and prod'n and really mess something up. Ideas what to try 1st? 2nd? 3rd?

#2 6 years ago

Get us a high quality scan of the schematic from Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6).

#3 6 years ago

The schematic I have is approx 2'X6'. Can they scan that to a size that would fit on here?

Bigger problem is 1/2 the schematic is faded so bad it is unreadable, 1/4 is faded but readable, other 1/4 is fine.

#4 6 years ago

THAT is a problem.

Check the sw. on your Thumper bumpers, and make sure none are sticking.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from iowapin:

1/2 the schematic is faded so bad it is unreadable, 1/4 is faded but readable, other 1/4 is fine.

Buy a new one and scan that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Germantown, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-sky-divers-next-step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.