IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zoodude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1151 1 year ago

I'm someone who wants a Skill Roll but doesn't have one yet. I've been watching and bidding on these for the last few years but nothing clicked, last one I had lined up for $3500, not working needing restore, got sold out from under me for $3800. I've never seen one go for $8,000, even in the big auctions with fees, still under $7,000.
Right now is just not a good time for me to take on another project, I just got a Ringer and am restoring a White lightning or I'd bid on this one.
I will say, it really rubs me the wrong way when a seller says it's got broken parts but is "working 100%" if the thing has the wrong motor and doesn't score properly it's not working 100% period.
I'd offer $4 K or maybe a little more for this one if the timing was better for me, I don't see these fetching more than $6-7 grand tops, most pinheads don't know or care about this old oddball stuff. My excitement for old em stuff is almost always met with a blank stare from most pinheads!
Good luck with the sale.
B

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from DudebroWTF:

Thanks for the additional context on values. I am trying to be transparent about condition. You might have missed the word "otherwise" when I said "plays 100% otherwise". I meant that besides the slow scoring motor, nothing else needs attention. That being said, I tried to edit the post to remove 100% to avoid any confusion but you can't edit a post after 24hrs.

All good dude bro! Not trying to be a jerk, just a personal hang up of mine with the 100% thing. You should try to get as much$ as you can, that's the deal! no fault there in my opinion. Best of luck
B

4 weeks later
#1194 1 year ago

Looks like it sold for $4,100. Exactly what I thought it would go for. I'm sure after shipping it would cost the buyer about $5K, seller probably got $3,800 or so after fees.
I'd say the current value of a skill roll is $3500-$5,000.
B

2 months later
#1209 1 year ago

Yeah, I was going for that too! It's on my coast, but after it hit $5K I bailed, I think this is the 5 th one that I've bid on but missed out. Maybe next time
B

#1212 1 year ago

Yeah, last one went for $4100, but had the wrong motor, still think the value is $3500-$5,000.00
With taxes and shipping I'd bet this one was closer to $6K for the buyer, but well under $5K for the seller.
Oh well, at least I've got Ringer and White lightning to scratch my oddball EM itch, maybe I'll go back to looking for a Sega Derby Day, at least no one else is looking for those!
B

#1218 1 year ago

Where is that listed? Can you send a link?

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

FB marketplace. you'll need to change your location to austin texas and then find it.

Thanks, just bought it!
B

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from edward472:

I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the club

Thanks!! appreciate you posting that, I'm not on FB so I never would have seen it. Hopefully shipping will go smoothly and I'll be flickin' fricken nickles in no time!
B

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Congrats!! I knew you'd find one sooner or later!

Thanks Bill! Now I can stop bugging you to sell me yours!
Now I've just about got all the quirky EMs I've lusted after, hopefully I'll get my game room finished up soon, still working on my bar, wall art and themed out bathroom, but getting Skill Roll is another piece of the puzzle!
B

#1226 1 year ago

Is there a consensus on who has the better back glass reproduction?
CPR or BG resto? Or is there another option?
The one I'm getting certainly needs a new glass, might as well get it on its way too.
Thanks

#1232 1 year ago

Dang beach pickle, that is horrible, what a hassle. Too bad as I prefer the aqua that CPR has over the blue from BG resto, and would prefer not to wait months. Plus I could use a Ringer and boomerang back glasses too, so ordering from BG is going to cost me, but looking like that might be the best solution.
Shawn, I'll contact you about the inner plexi once I have the game in hand, most likely will need one, so thank you.
I'm working my way through reading the entire thread now so hopefully won't ask repeat questions, just couldn't find a consensus on the back glass, so thanks for the info
B

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from tstone:

I would get the CPR back glass. Rhe one from BG resto does not have the correct number of blue stripes...and it may take months to arrive with no feedback etc.

sheesh, hard to decide. Looking at that pic of Beachpickles CPR has me worried, that looks awful and I'd have to spend hours modifying it if mine looked like that.
Northvibe, did you buy yours recently?
Thanks for taking the time to respond gents, much appreciated, really looking forward to having this all working 100% and looking good.

B

1 week later
#1241 11 months ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I am the very happy owner of N80G80's Skill Roll. What a fun machine- it is very addictive! It works perfectly!
He did tell me that the metal rod "plunger" for the Skill Coin solenoid was missing (the one that holds your coin at the bottom when you "win" the game). Is it the same as anything else out there and/or does anyone have them available? Do people remove these because they thunk against the plexiglass too much? I can't even find a part number for it, so any help is greatly appreciated! TIA![quoted image]

Congrats! You got yours first, mine should arrive on Wednesday, but pretty sure mine needs fully gone through, so might be a minute before I'm actually flicking.plus I managed to buy another oddball EM last week, so I've got projects!
Looks good tho! Enjoy
B

#1242 11 months ago

Mine has arrived! Pretty stoked but this one needs.....um everything, just filthy, lots of little broken bits, but almost all there. Now I gotta start acquiring parts.

IMG_20230412_095134208 (resized).jpgIMG_20230412_095134208 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#1326 55 days ago

Finally getting my skill roll up and running, what is the consensus on fluorescent bulb size?

#1329 54 days ago

Thanks, but I have that bulb and it's not correct, I also have a new starter. My game was missing the light, so I don't have an old one.
I'm not interested in adding an led strip, I prefer to keep it as original as possible.
I'm kinda pulling my hair out trying to find the correct bulb as everything I've found hasn't worked out.
Guess I'll try to figure something out, thought this would be easy!
B

#1331 54 days ago

Thanks again, Im guessing mine was modified or hacked as that bulb is about 2" too long, I'll see what I can do.

#1333 54 days ago

Thanks guys! You were correct, mine was hacked up a bunch, I think it must have been a parts game that someone resurrected at one time. I got it all straightened out, correct bulb in there, working well now.

IMG_20240203_172631362 (resized).jpgIMG_20240203_172631362 (resized).jpg
#1336 51 days ago

Has anyone fabed up a baffle for the fluorescent bulb? I get a lot of bleed from the fluorescent into the score #'s and was thinking I need to make something to help block the light.
Also I got the CPR glass and it's pretty much perfect, no complaints, so there's that.
My only real issue was the new bezel I bought from a member here, the holes are so far off ( 1/2" in some places) as to render it useless, a real disappointment as I guess I'll have to have one custom made and I'm out the $100 or so, but life goes on.
B

#1337 50 days ago

Ok, looks like we've got to call out Shawn 76 about the bezels, I got 2 DMs about this bezel after I posted this that none of these bezels work, they are off, way off, no starting from the middle or massaging them will make them work, the holes are 1/2" off all around and are drilled from the wrong side. Do not buy.
Shawn76 should refund all$ as this is a defective product.
B

#1339 50 days ago

Having to redo holes? That means it did not work.
I'm talking to Shawn, here now on this forum in public, what's the problem? He sold this on this forum in public, so I'm calling him out.
B

#1341 50 days ago

I would have let it slide if I hadn't been contacted by several other people stating that he had been made aware of the problems, I make things with jigs, never seen that much variation, this was a known defect, that really gets me.
Every hole on mine is off my 1/8"-1/2' I would have to re drill every hole. Whatever I'll have one made. I just get pissed when I hear about other people getting ripped off and don't suffer fools.
It's one thing if you don't know there's problems another entirely when you know and continue to sell.
I told him I wanted my $ back, don't really care what he has to say, want to prevent others from making the same mistake.
I think that's fair.
B

#1343 50 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All I am asking is if you contacted shawn first to see if he can remedy the situation. You now say you told him you want your money back, but that is not a conversation. Have you had a conversation with him about this?
Having the conversation to remedy the issue is entirely different than posting a "call out" on a forum that he may never see. I understand the "warn other buyers" but your experience has not matched EVERY buyer. However this last run was all off, then there is an issue on his end for the fab process. Just because you said you want your money back does not tell anyone if shawn has tried to fix the issue, has acknowledged the issue or seen the issue. If shawn has not responded to email/direct messages, I can understand the frustration but man to go on a witch hunt without getting communication....and that is my last post about this.

Fair point, I have not asked him to remedy, just for a refund, if I'm in the wrong I will admit it, this just really got me angry as I hate to see people getting ripped off and the others who contacted me were not made whole, so I certainly gave dude short shrift.
Whatever, I'll have one made, buyer beware.
B

#1345 50 days ago

My bad,
Sorry for bringing the vibe down.
I bought parts from trizel and they were perfect, got a great glass from CPR and awesome help from others here.
Didn't mean to harsh your mellow.
B

#1347 49 days ago

Just for the record, 4 people contacted me to say they had the same experience.
I appreciate the refund.
B

#1349 46 days ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Dude you can't come in here and blast someone helping the skill roll community. Shawn is a good guy, I bought one from him and mine fit. Remember these games were made in the 50s and probably not all 100% the same.

Yes I can. So I have to share your opinion to post here?
Am I allowed to have my own experience or do I have to parrot you in order to fit in here?
B

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zoodude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=zoodude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.