IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 4 years ago

never seen these before, they look cool, had to find a video

#196 4 years ago

anyone have a photo of the handle mech spring mechanism, just curious

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My game is missing many metal parts... you were one of the first people I thought of to help make replacements on shapeways :-p
I can remove mine tomorrow and send pics

I saw one on there, is it not correct? if not I could possibly help?

can you send pics of the mechanism - just curious but if you need a part I can entertain by at least looking at the parts and go from there.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, that is just the handle. Other metal parts that I can’t find are the 5c coin plate and coin entry at the top of the game. I was hoping to find someone with some to get 3d scanned or lots of pics with measurements to replicate in cad

yes, send pics through and then we can add measurements etc and I can see if I can help.

if possible post them with the millimetres against the part as I am a metric man

and do you want the 5c as a decal or an impression in the plate - the plate itself is a easy one

#221 4 years ago

Thanks for the photos,

it the top rounded part of the plate that is hitting the coin, and the handle attached to the the threaded section?

#248 4 years ago

here is the art for the coin plate

still needs to be sized, and just now need to find out if you want me to make it available on shapeways with the house and 5c recessed into the design - I know this isn't authentic but the best I can do ??? let me know

screen-capture-3 (resized).pngscreen-capture-3 (resized).png
screen-capture-6 (resized).pngscreen-capture-6 (resized).png
screen-capture-5 (resized).pngscreen-capture-5 (resized).png

#250 4 years ago

here is the model uploaded to Shapeways in various materials with the house and cent value engraved - and I have no control over the way Shapeways prices these especially the metal options, I couldn't get the design passed for the steels / nickel plated and made the plate 1.6mm / 1/16" thick.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PNKEM67U7/bally-skill-roll-coin-plate?optionId=121692305
710x528_28943239_15550166_1568173392 (resized).png710x528_28943239_15550166_1568173392 (resized).png

#265 4 years ago

I think for the era this would of been screen printed

here is the art for the coin plate - the box is the correct size (2" wide") with the house and 5c scaled to suit the box. The PDF is saved at 1 to 1 scale at 300DPI ready for decal or screen printing.

the image sits on a 100 x 200mm page

hope it helps

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Mine are aluminum handles and steel shafts, connected by a roll pin. They won't work with factory handles or shafts, and will have to be replaced together. The top handle has been polished, the bottom is raw aluminum.[quoted image]

those are real nice, I would be interested in 6-8 depending on price for a project I have in mind

1 year later
#982 2 years ago

I have alot of experience with Shapeways but to 3d print / cast in aluminum is expensive.

Hit me up if you want to ask me any questions.

Alternatively there is another 3d printer and online cnc company in Italy called Weerg and all you need is the 3d file - yell out if you need a hand,

cheers

ps the handles and coin chute look sweet, well done

these are my reproduction parts through shapeways
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksreproduction&sort=newest

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.