IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#879 2 years ago

2.5k per machine as is unrestored seems pretty steep. What do these things go for all done realistically? I would think 3k is pretty much it for a Skill Roll? Most younger collectors don't seem to have much affection for the older stuff these days. The latest releases seem to get all of the love. Older games in my experience have a dwindling base of interest among those under 50 or so.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from Trizel:

Curious what constitutes a younger collector.
In all my searching I have never seen a fully restored skill roll for sale or sold always projects on some level. Time will tell.

All I mean by younger collector is this. I have been buying and selling pins and other arcade games for a long time. As time has gone by, I find that families with kids and collectors under say 40 are much less interested in em games in favor of the latest digital masterpieces. If I put a mint '70's Gottlieb next to a mint '90's - 2000's digital with speech, ramps, multi-ball, etc, I will sell 10x the number of digitals to em's.

I like them both, but late model pins are much easier to sell or trade off than ems. I believe that this is a function of what people saw growing up and then gravitate to as they get in a position to buy. EMs still sell, but the game has to be absolutely mint, and the selling price will be much lower than even the most basic entry level digital pin. No judgment on all of this. Just my presonal observations in my neck of the woods. Things might be different somewhere else.

#890 2 years ago

You are right about that. There's not many of us around that still work on ems!

#914 2 years ago

OldGoat and I tag teamed to buy the pair! Now for the repair and restoration!

1 month later
#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

So I am slowly making progress and am down to a couple of difficult issues. One being the aforementioned lack of one of the bracket/lever component on the backboard that holds the leaf springs (I have a dangling leaf spring) and trying to source it. The second is the coil to hold the nickel. Obviously, this isn't critical to game play; however, I'd like to put this on, if possible. I saw one video from vintage coin op that suggested this was not an off-the-shelf. I'm guessing it's part M-101-48 but that may be the lockout at the coin entry. Does anyone know if this part is available anywhere?

The coil mechanism uses a spring loaded plunger to hold the coin in position when the coil is not energized. Then, the coil momentarily energizes at game start, pulling the plunger in to allow the nickel to drop. It then immediately de-energizes. As such, I would think almost any em pinball coil should work fine for the application. Maybe a knocker coil or something similar?

1 year later
#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Thanks, just bought it!
B

Congrats!! I knew you'd find one sooner or later!

7 months later
#1281 5 months ago

I'm glad to hear the back up buyers didn't pull the old "tell her she is way too cheap and offer her more" deal that seem to happen so often today. Some people just can't stand to see someone else get a good deal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.