IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

My Skill Roll will be at CLE-Pin

Mine's in my garage.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I took my Skill Roll to the MGC years ago, and the nickel loss wasn't as bad as I expected. The main problem I had was kids dropping multiple nickels into it causing coin jams everywhere, so I had to keep a close eye on it.

I haven't investigated yet, but a buddy tried two nickels and it tilted. Then tried it again and it tilted again. Is this normal operation? If so, a great way to deter that behavior.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I guarantee. mind you this is a guarantee......... You have a bad fuse holder on the back door. I have had 3 skill rolls, and all 3 did the same thing. Its always been the fuse holder, cold solder, broken solder, bad holder. Just replace it. Its a 4 fuse assembly.

Got it! Thanks. Same crappy fuse holders Bally is famous for. Weird that it only does it when installing more than one nickle except it does do it when the game is first turned on too.

#231 4 years ago

That sounds like what is happening. Neither affects other operation.

It's a darn nickel swallower for sure. No replays given!

#237 4 years ago

Kids are smarter than we give them credit for when it comes to our complicated antique machines.

#238 4 years ago

I just tried several times with two nickels and there are definitely certain combinations of scoring shots that will make it tilt and others that don't.

Edit- I get it now. Once a nickel has made it down to a certain level, the next nickel will just start a new game with the first nickel still in play.

#262 4 years ago

One of my pinball buddies brought his son over on Saturday who is quite a player himself.

Dad got it all the way to the bottom row, and the kid took the last shot, his very first ever on this machine, and nailed it.

#270 4 years ago

DSCN6430 (resized).JPGDSCN6430 (resized).JPG
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Dang, you accomplished way sooner than I did. Nice work.

I was feeling magic fingers that evening Alex, It's a crapshoot if I ever could do that again.

2 months later
#297 4 years ago

Going thru my Skill-Roll the other day, I noticed it came with a selection of score cards for extra skill points. Looking at pics of others, I'm not sure where they are supposed to be placed in the game, and the instructions that came with it are not too specific.

Do most people use or not use this feature and where are they supposed to be mounted?

#310 4 years ago

So nobody knows where to mount those score cards?

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

My machine had one card “pined” In the wood just above the glass. They were push pins.

Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. Can't imagine too many survived hanging on a push pin.

Yes I have the manual, but it was a little tough to understand what the use was to add more points. I know there are a couple plugs in the back if you want to activate that feature or adjust scoring thresholds.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

The Skill Points thing was a slick promotional redemption type thing. The Tavern would give a prize (bottle of booze, six pack, etc) for a certain amount of Skill Points.

I see. So the skill points were not points the game added, but points that were kept track of in the tavern? But then what does the jones plug adjustment do to the game? I haven't messed with mine yet but am very curious.

#318 4 years ago

So, with the high score meter where it is, you call the tavern master over to open it and write down your points before the next player drops another nickel?

If that is the case, I bet it didn't get used much.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Here is what mine looks like.
The “points card was thumb tacked on the right where I am pointing.
I daughter added the one nickel at a time- to many kids put in 4 at a time... little bastards [quoted image]

The thumbtacked wait for score to register is a nice touch too.

#331 4 years ago

I believe I might have all those original cards still in the envelope. Might be time to hunt down some NOS thumbtacks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.