IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Mike Pacak has them. His pinside name is mikepin.

#10 8 years ago

tim you should just come play mine

454530-i.jpg454530-i.jpg

3 years later
#63 5 years ago

Love the skill derby there.

1 week later
#90 5 years ago

I have a Non-working Skill Parade that does not have a glass for sale $500

Parade 1 (resized).jpgParade 1 (resized).jpgParade 2 (resized).jpgParade 2 (resized).jpgParade 3 (resized).jpgParade 3 (resized).jpgParade 4 (resized).jpgParade 4 (resized).jpgParade 5 (resized).jpgParade 5 (resized).jpgParade 6 (resized).jpgParade 6 (resized).jpgParade 7 (resized).jpgParade 7 (resized).jpg
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from dave2236:

Gundam Pilot, you have a Dozer too! I bought mine 15 years ago from Sturgeon Bay, WI and that game gets played the most at parties.
The only issue I have is the stupid scoring mechanism that I cannot get working correctly no matter how many times I take it apart, clean it, or swap out parts.
If yours works would you consider folding the back down and taking some pictures of scoring mechanism...I may be missing a spring or pieces, but since there are very few out there it is nearly impossible to get help with fixing them.
I also don't have the 8 track player with mine, but the wiring is still in the cabinet for it if I every wanted to track one down.

Shoot me a PM with your phone number. I can certainly help you.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Shoot me a PM with your phone number. I can certainly help you.

I have a cubic Ass-ton of EM arcade machines. Its what I do other than Pinball.

5 months later
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Parts game[quoted image]

As long as the internals are all there, it should be worth putting it back together. I know someone re-did the handles. so those are available.

3 weeks later
#170 4 years ago

What are reproduction glasses selling for nowadays? I have a glass that I laserjet printed and can certainly burn off a few more for pinsiders. Especially considering CLE-Pin is only a month and a half away

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Of course that's right, no argument.
But if one is better than another, I'd like to know that when I'm buying to see if any price difference makes sense to me.
It's like if I have a nasty rotten molded apple at home. When I get to the store, I see 2 apples there for the same price...both much better than mine, but one better than the other...obviously I'm going to buy the better one.
BTW, I like your original glass. It doesn't seem to have much flaking. I'd rather have a slightly worn original than a perfect reproduction. I only resort to repros when my originals are horrible. If you're near me and interested in a trade, feel free to PM me.

About 300 shipped (240-ish +60-ish)

Gross. I should sell a bunch of these things. for $200 and be done with it.

1 month later
#187 4 years ago

My Skill Roll will be at CLE-Pin

#207 4 years ago

There will be a Skill Roll on the free play floor at CLE-Pin this year.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How do you free play

There is no freeplay. I set out about $20 of nickels for people to play with. Its an honor system. Do people walk away with nickels? Yeah. But its part of the show experience. I like to bring rare and popular games. So games like Skill Roll, Williams Ringer, Ice Cold Beer, Slugfest, but also rare pins like Capcom Pinball Magic, Alvin G Mystery Castle, Gottlieb Diamond Lady, Have a couple EM arcades in there too like Midway Sea Devil, and Williams Match Race (1 of 4 made).

Either way its all for the show.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Thank you
Rare machines are fun to see at shows.

Yeah rare machines are pretty much 2/3 of my collection. So I enjoy sharing with people that just dont have an opportunity to play them since they never show up at shows.

Quoted from northvibe:

I was joking, but figured you'd have to do a bin of nickels. LOVE seeing these types of games at shows! Thank you for bringing them! I remember playing my first Ice Cold Beer at MGC. Only regret was not buying one at such a low price

Yeah I know. ICB used to be so attainable. Now the game is stupid money.

Quoted from cait001:

same. Do some people walk away with nickels and dimes? Sure, it happens. But at the end of the show it's just a couple of bucks and hundreds have played these amazing machines.

Yeah I typically walk away with about $5 less every show. I figure I lose it between kids, or someone desperate needing $0.35 more for a hot dog.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't investigated yet, but a buddy tried two nickels and it tilted. Then tried it again and it tilted again. Is this normal operation? If so, a great way to deter that behavior.

I guarantee. mind you this is a guarantee......... You have a bad fuse holder on the back door. I have had 3 skill rolls, and all 3 did the same thing. Its always been the fuse holder, cold solder, broken solder, bad holder. Just replace it. Its a 4 fuse assembly.

#224 4 years ago

Also set up for CLE-Pin. Some late night tweaking to make this hame brutal as hell.

E169288E-4016-4101-A09E-36B75E06FA0B (resized).jpegE169288E-4016-4101-A09E-36B75E06FA0B (resized).jpeg
#254 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thank you so much for bringing your Skill Roll to CLE-Pin, gundam_pilot_ . I’m not the best at it, but I always have fun trying when I can. My best score was 190 on yours, my wife did better, 200! I try to play it at VFW whenever I’m there, too.

Absolutely! I am glad you and everyone at the show enjoyed it

1 year later
#806 3 years ago

If someone were to sell theirs, What do you guys think real value on one in fair market? Working example, from a collection.

8 months later
#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

That's true, it is, but if I'm hoping to get a bit of help, looking/posting in this thread probably isn't going to get it done

Depends on what your question is. A lot of eyes watch this page and yet never post

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Good point, I know that often times I'll see something that seems unrelated, but might spur a though that could be helpful. In this case, I was asking about whether a coin entrance plate (that's what I'd call it) had been reproduced, or if a decal might have been made for this plate, for a completely different game. Now, it's entirely possible that some of the skill roll owners may also own a criss cross hockey like me, but it seemed like my chances would be better in the Chicago Coin thread.
I'm still going to hang around here though, and I'll probably interject unrelated remarks or ask questions that have nothing to do with skill rolls though

Is your plate missing all together? Does it look like the following?

ebay.com link: itm

I may know of a control panel floating around

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I have the plate, but it's blank, just like the one in the ebay ad. I actually saw that ad on ebay and was really hoping that it had the metal score plate - it did, but it was also blank.
Now, if you know of a control panel floating around that has that plate with the writing in tact, I'd be interested.

it will likely be a couple weeks, but when I go back, I will check it out and let you know.

10 months later
#1089 1 year ago

Skill roll will be at CLE-Pin free play floor again this year.

7D05AB18-09A9-45CB-955A-D17C8301F4B2 (resized).jpeg7D05AB18-09A9-45CB-955A-D17C8301F4B2 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1131 1 year ago

I love pinball. Am I late to the party? I see all my friends here

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just in time! I think we should start a movement to get ALL Skill Rolls into the state of Ohio. Great entertainment during a blizzard!

At one time I had like 3 of these things. I stood them on their side and laid one on top. I lived in that house for 2 years rent free

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I spit my coffee everywhere when I read this. Are you coming to the show next month?

Assuming you meant me, Yes I will be there. Unfortunately grandpatopia is driving. On lesser news, since we did not see a H-oops! at Cle-pin, so Thunderman will not be waken from its slumber.

As I have been saying for years............Say it with me......

I hate pinball, and I hate pinball people

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'll be there with Brian and Tim in tow. Already excited for Brian to eat a bunch of McDonalds breakfast and then light up the bathroom in our room.

I think it's funny you think i will make it to the hotel..........

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from DudebroWTF:

Another example is there is a company called Retro Arcade Remakes that is about to launch a licensed remake of Taito Ice Cold Beer (sort of the same style of cabinet). It will be priced north of $5k. I bet their costs easily exceed $1500 even at scale.

Yes the company’s overhead could easily be under $1500 per machine. As an owner of both machines, I can vouch that it can be done. There’s not much to these considering the most expensive part to an ICB would be a PROC to run the machine with software with probably 1 custom printed board. and 2 motors.

Of course they are going to ask 5k. Why would they sell for less knowing the market sits at 3500 for them. They are going to make themselves a desirable product, they have to price it competitively, without being out of touch.

No dog against the company that is remaking these ICB machines. But if I am going to be honest, their website is abysmal at best. I view their website like a few guys threw this shit together, and are looking to resell at the show. I could be wrong. But honestly, where’s the challenge when every item is available on aftermarket except the plastic vacuum formed catch behind the playfield. A pretty simple setup to redesign if you didn’t want to remake it to original.

I feel people are a lot more hesitant to rebuilt a skill roll because the parts don’t exist aside from expensive handles, plastic overlay, and BG art overlay instead of backglasses.

Just my .02

1 month later
#1189 1 year ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/634459641547609/?mibextid=6ojiHh

Skill score on Facebook

C9D1411C-4E83-4015-9A8E-EB5FB9F09DF7 (resized).jpegC9D1411C-4E83-4015-9A8E-EB5FB9F09DF7 (resized).jpegE223CF32-2CD0-4E9E-8AF5-B1BFCA0A4BF8 (resized).jpegE223CF32-2CD0-4E9E-8AF5-B1BFCA0A4BF8 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#1315 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Along those same lines maybe you have a switch not scoring and then any row after will not score. I'd see if the problem starts with the same switch.

I would agree with this more. The next level cannot score unless the previous level scored. If a switch doesn't register, the game wont progress because its still waiting for the switch to engage on any point value from the level before. In essence level two can't score unless level one scored.

I also have experienced people burning through the levels so quickly, that the motor is still spinning in the backbox while the switch engages. At that point the game misses the row completely. If someone's just trying to get to the bottom, and max-tension flicks as fast as possible to get down there, this occurs. It happens very commonly. Especially after 30 or so missed attempts and a lot of frustration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=Gundam_Pilot_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.