3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7173 (resized).jpg
    20190907_174346 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    710x528_28943239_15550166_1568173392 (resized).png
    screen-capture-3 (resized).png
    screen-capture-5 (resized).png
    screen-capture-6 (resized).png
    20190907_174409 (resized).jpg
    8BAB511E-13F1-434D-A7A5-8DE2398F834F (resized).jpeg
    E169288E-4016-4101-A09E-36B75E06FA0B (resized).jpeg
    3F208FF5-9F15-42E1-9EAA-BA5324C8BA64 (resized).jpeg
    0709489C-332B-41E2-8371-5599AF87FB87 (resized).jpeg
    20190714_000314 (resized).jpg
    49F103E1-7C8D-4BA9-8238-683260B4ED86 (resized).jpeg
    81CB767F-19A0-4575-A516-2BD7163F94C3 (resized).jpeg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

here is the art for the coin plate
    still needs to be sized, and just now need to find out if you want me to make it available on shapeways with the house and 5c recessed into the design - I know this isn't authentic but the best I can do ??? let me know

The last image (red/white) looks like it would almost be a good waterslide decal.

#252 4 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

If it was flat a vinyl could be made, if imprinted it could be painted.... I’ve never seen one in person, so I’m not sure how it was done originally.

Here is what mine looks like- and I am sure it is original- A little different font (they could have made many variations.)
    It looks painted on (most likely screen printed.) I think a stencil and spray painted would work.
    image (resized).jpg

#253 4 days ago

Would you be able to take another couple of photos of your 5 cent plate with a measuring tape in it?
    Place the tape on the top and bottom, please?

Quoted from ryan1234:

Here is what mine looks like- and I am sure it is original- A little different font (they could have made many variations.)
    It looks painted on (most likely screen printed.) I think a stencil and spray painted would work.
    [quoted image]

#254 4 days ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thank you so much for bringing your Skill Roll to CLE-Pin, gundam_pilot_ . I’m not the best at it, but I always have fun trying when I can. My best score was 190 on yours, my wife did better, 200! I try to play it at VFW whenever I’m there, too.

Absolutely! I am glad you and everyone at the show enjoyed it

#255 4 days ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

[quoted image]

A vinyl could be cut from like a cricut! but a stencil and paint would be awesome to keep that look. I'm hoping to start cataloging parts, fixes, remakes so that people can get their games up and look as original as they want. If someone has their 5c tag off the game, throw it in a scanner, then we could make a stencil out. ALSO! someone started a bally skill roll on the visual pinball forums, so if we want a better looking virtual skill roll, scanned parts would be fantastic.

I just went to a local cnc/hydro cut shop. They have one of my handles and are going to get me prices on making them. They did say the hardest part that will take the time/money is the two tabs on the inside. They will give me two quotes, one for original and one where they don't do the tabs but make holes and a roll pin to hold it in, which will be significantly cheaper. Also these will be able to be plated or powder coated if you want the "chrome" look. I'm glad the shapeways one is there, but I didn't like the print lines. I'm not a metal worker, so not sure what type of work is required to buff those out, then get it plated.

#256 4 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

A vinyl could be cut from like a cricut! but a stencil and paint would be awesome to keep that look.

Cricut also cuts stencils - you just Remove the part you cut.
    We do it all the time and it works great.

#257 4 days ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Cricut also cuts stencils - you just Remove the part you cut.
    We do it all the time and it works great.

AAHHHH my wife has one, but obviously has never used it. So I didn't know what kind of paper/vinyl they could cut/make! This is awesome!

#258 4 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

A vinyl could be cut from like a cricut! but a stencil and paint would be awesome to keep that look. I'm hoping to start cataloging parts, fixes, remakes so that people can get their games up and look as original as they want. If someone has their 5c tag off the game, throw it in a scanner, then we could make a stencil out. ALSO! someone started a bally skill roll on the visual pinball forums, so if we want a better looking virtual skill roll, scanned parts would be fantastic.
    I just went to a local cnc/hydro cut shop. They have one of my handles and are going to get me prices on making them. They did say the hardest part that will take the time/money is the two tabs on the inside. They will give me two quotes, one for original and one where they don't do the tabs but make holes and a roll pin to hold it in, which will be significantly cheaper. Also these will be able to be plated or powder coated if you want the "chrome" look. I'm glad the shapeways one is there, but I didn't like the print lines. I'm not a metal worker, so not sure what type of work is required to buff those out, then get it plated.

Mine are aluminum handles and steel shafts, connected by a roll pin. They won't work with factory handles or shafts, and will have to be replaced together. The top handle has been polished, the bottom is raw aluminum.

20190907_174346 (resized).jpg
    #259 4 days ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Mine are aluminum handles and steel shafts, connected by a roll pin. They won't work with factory handles or shafts, and will have to be replaced together. The top handle has been polished, the bottom is raw aluminum.[quoted image]

Holy moly, that polished one is AWESOME. Umm probably a good idea on the new shaft too, also cuts out the security screw. Well keep us posted! I need all new handles and it would be great to have options for others too!

#260 4 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Holy moly, that polished one is AWESOME. Umm probably a good idea on the new shaft too, also cuts out the security screw. Well keep us posted! I need all new handles and it would be great to have options for others too!

The prototypes are back with the machinist for final edits right now. I don't have a final price yet, but if anyone is interested send me a pm with how many you would want.

#261 4 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

AAHHHH my wife has one, but obviously has never used it. So I didn't know what kind of paper/vinyl they could cut/make! This is awesome!

My wife is a Cricut wizard.
    They make a removable vinyl that we use for stencils. Create and cut vinyl, remove areas to be painted, apply transfer tape to top of vinyl- this keeps everything aligned, remove vinyl backing and stick on project surface. Remove transfer tape and paint. There are probably a hundred videos on it. Cricuts are very popular.

#262 4 days ago

One of my pinball buddies brought his son over on Saturday who is quite a player himself.

Dad got it all the way to the bottom row, and the kid took the last shot, his very first ever on this machine, and nailed it.

#263 4 days ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

My wife is a Cricut wizard.
    They make a removable vinyl that we use for stencils. Create and cut vinyl, remove areas to be painted, apply transfer tape to top of vinyl- this keeps everything aligned, remove vinyl backing and stick on project surface. Remove transfer tape and paint. There are probably a hundred videos on it. Cricuts are very popular.

Which is why I bought her one..... I may end up using it more than her do you have a link to that removable vinyl? or is it pretty common removable vinyl?

#264 4 days ago

If one of you with the Cricut proficient wives comes up with a pricing sticker/decal, I'm in for a few and will gladly compensate you for your time.

#265 4 days ago

I think for the era this would of been screen printed

here is the art for the coin plate - the box is the correct size (2" wide") with the house and 5c scaled to suit the box. The PDF is saved at 1 to 1 scale at 300DPI ready for decal or screen printing.

the image sits on a 100 x 200mm page

hope it helps

#266 4 days ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Mine are aluminum handles and steel shafts, connected by a roll pin. They won't work with factory handles or shafts, and will have to be replaced together. The top handle has been polished, the bottom is raw aluminum.[quoted image]

those are real nice, I would be interested in 6-8 depending on price for a project I have in mind

#267 4 days ago

I had these made to size.
    I can get as many as anyone desires for $13 shipped each.

IMG_7173 (resized).jpg
    #268 4 days ago

I'm gonna get this old cricut out and see what thing thing can do. My wife was bugging me about the NEW one as it does "more"....I may end up getting it if it makes this easier

#269 4 days ago

That polished repro handle look great.

#270 3 days ago

DSCN6430 (resized).JPG
    #271 2 days ago

Dang, you accomplished way sooner than I did. Nice work.

#272 1 day ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Dang, you accomplished way sooner than I did. Nice work.

I was feeling magic fingers that evening Alex, It's a crapshoot if I ever could do that again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 92.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 18.95
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside