3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by CyberNinja24
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mojo (resized).jpg
    92F4EAC6-B630-41CF-9B4A-20EFF3EBB7D6 (resized).jpeg
    DAC6BE9D-BFFB-48C5-B290-16B531F39975 (resized).jpeg
    663EC47E-C609-4760-AFF3-29B6C0CBCBBE (resized).jpeg
    bly_skillroll1 (resized).jpg
    bly_skillderby1 (resized).jpg
    bly_skillscore1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_195439 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_220229 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1485 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1001 (resized).JPG
    DSC04336 (resized).JPG
    DSC04339 (resized).JPG
    DSC04338 (resized).JPG

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 months ago

I have a friend with one so that makes three at least. Neat game.

#102 3 months ago

We might be talking the same friend...These pix were from 2015. Great game!

D%Vk8HMUSeyiGA7WsqONGA_thumb_ebda (resized).jpg6uv%BfF9Rc+aDDGUMXFMxA_thumb_eb8c (resized).jpgCOotGJBMRWaTiE0lfj9bPA_thumb_eb88 (resized).jpg6OlpXVMDQeuLC4JTP%CHQg_thumb_eb89 (resized).jpgWqRJ2LqxQZ228ZOZcrGmYQ_thumb_eb86 (resized).jpgTdmzDNGMTmCxsx6+91CySw_thumb_eb8b (resized).jpgV43kOZPQTD6aysOP6RIskg_thumb_eb87 (resized).jpgaYoK1C%JThOKEEyYO5uUsw_thumb_eb8a (resized).jpg
    #103 3 months ago
    Quoted from oldcarz:

We might be talking the same friend...These pix were from 2015. Great game!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm. Maybe? In Wisconsin? This friend had a bunch of neat games including this one tucked away in storage. A few years back (around 2015) he considered selling it. Checking back later he had changed his mind. Not sure if he still has it or liquidated it since then.

#104 3 months ago

This was Rob's, but he sold it before he moved. I currently have his (novelty version) Skill Derby. And all the Gencos...

2016-05-09 08.06.24 (resized).jpeg
    #105 3 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I have a friend with one so that makes three at least. Neat game.

Please post a picture so the internet will have at least ONE picture to prove Lite a Diamond exists.

Edit: oops, were you talking about target roll?

#106 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing pics of your friends Target Roll. I plan to repaint mine very soon as someone painted the exterior of mine blue .
    However my backglass and the rest of the game is in great shape.
    I just want to bring back it’s orginality.

#107 3 months ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Please post a picture so the internet will have at least ONE picture to prove Lite a Diamond exists.
    Edit: oops, were you talking about target roll?

Yes I was talking about Target Roll.

Quoted from oldcarz:

This was Rob's, but he sold it before he moved. I currently have his (novelty version) Skill Derby. And all the Gencos...[quoted image]

Oh yes, I remember those. It was neat to see them all lined up together. I helped him find his Genco Silver Chest when he was looking. A very nice example if memory serves.

#108 3 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Yes I was talking about Target Roll.

Oh yes, I remember those. It was neat to see them all lined up together. I helped him find his Genco Silver Chest when he was looking. A very nice example if memory serves.

Even though he's moved, I am in frequent discussion with Rob and he always makes sure that I am keeping care of the Silver Chest. As you may recall, then, this was allegedly a home use only game, low mileage previously owned by someone from the Genco Co... Still plays great!

DSC01962 (resized).jpgDSC01963 (resized).jpgDSC02015 (resized).jpegDSC02017 (resized).jpegDSC04407 (resized).jpeg
    #109 3 months ago

I recently played a skill roll and totally get the hype why these things are selling for a ransom....such an addictive game. Anybody wanna sell me theirs?

#110 3 months ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Thanks for sharing pics of your friends Target Roll. I plan to repaint mine very soon as someone painted the exterior of mine blue .
    However my backglass and the rest of the game is in great shape.
    I just want to bring back it’s orginality.

Put it in my booth at TPF!

-Jeff

1 month later
    #111 59 days ago

I ordered a repro backglass from BGresto.

The glass that was sent to me had several scratches on the glass.

The art is perfect, and the scratches are hard to see most of the time, but from the right angle, when looking, they are clear.

Since I spent what I consider a lot on this, I got back with the BGresto guy and he sent me another one, which has no scratches.

It took 5 months from payment made to having a good glass (today).

I'm offering the scratched BGresto glass for sale.

I paid $300 for the glass. 5 months ago, if someone offered it to me for $100, I'd have jumped on it, so that's what I'm offering it for. Price is firm.

I'm going to try hard to sell it locally. If I can't sell it locally, I'll offer shipping, which will be $60. I'm saving the fancy box/foam/inserts etc it came in, and will use that if I have to ship.

Here are pics I took where I was really trying to highlight the scratches in the glass (using flashlights/glare/etc to show them). When it was in the game, no one else noticed them.
    1 (resized).jpg1a (resized).JPG2a (resized).jpg2b (resized).jpg2c (resized).jpg

Parts - For Sale
    New “I ordered a repro backglass from BGresto. The glass that was sent to me had several scratches on the glass. The art is perfect, and the scratches are hard to see most of the time...”
    17 days ago
    Alexandria, VA
    100 (Firm)

#112 59 days ago

Here are pics of the full glass I'm selling. I also included a pic of my original glass. The buyer can have that if they want it and are picking up.

DSC04338 (resized).JPGDSC04339 (resized).JPGDSC04336 (resized).JPG
    #113 59 days ago
    Quoted from tstone:

I got back with the BGresto guy and he sent me another one, which has no scratches.

Quoted from tstone:

if someone offered it to me for $100, I'd have jumped on it,

I hate to be that guy but I guess you would have to jump on a 100$ as, correct me if I am wrong, you got it at no cost? Per your post BGResto (Steve) sent you another one due to the first one having defects and now you're selling it for a profit? Why not sell it and send Steve the money to offset his cost in sending two glasses? Again, not trying to come off harsh but people like Steve help make these glasses, that are unobtainable elsewhere, and is a one man show so it's not like he's making a fortune on them!

Just a thought

#114 59 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I hate to be that guy but I guess you would have to jump on a 100$ as, correct me if I am wrong, you got it at no cost? Per your post BRResto (Steve) sent you another one due to the first one having defects and now you're selling it for a profit? Why not sell it and send Steve the money to offset his cost in sending two glasses? Again, not trying to come off harsh but people like Steve help make these glasses, that are unobtainable elsewhere, and is a one man show so it's not like he's making a fortune on them!
    Just a thought

I spent $300 and I'm trying to recoup $100. My glass, which is twice as nice, in the end will cost me twice as much as whoever buys the other one (my cost: 300-100=200 for the one I'm keeping vs someone else's cost: 100 for the one I'm selling). I don't think trying to get $100 back here is unreasonable given the circumstances.

I'm not concerned about refunding Steve. He should have looked the glass over. I had to wait for additional months because of his quality control issue.

#115 59 days ago
    Quoted from tstone:

I spent $300 and I'm trying to recoup $100. My glass, which is twice as nice, in the end will cost me twice as much as whoever buys the other one (my cost: 300-100=200 for the one I'm keeping vs someone else's cost: 100 for the one I'm selling).
    I'm not concerned about refunding Steve. He should have looked the glass over. I had to wait for additional months because of his quality control issue.

Certainly understand your point! Again, just giving you a different viewpoint and wasn't by any means telling you what to do so thanks for not taking it that way!

Steve is great resource and to talk to. But as you point out he's slow. This slowness is due to him doing these in his spare time and is not his full time job, which he travels for a lot! This is something ANYONE thinking about buying a glass from him (and reading this) should take into consideration.

I've bougtht two glasses from him, ironically a Skill Roll and a Super Hockey. Super Hockey is a machine no one really wants as it's just not desirable. My game didn't have a good backglass so after a lot of looking I found another owner who had one and agreed to send his glass in. Went he sent it he didn't package it approppriately so it was shattered when Steve received it. Steve took the glass pieces and put the glass back together and made one....pretty outstanding in my opinion as I wasn't going to find another way to get one. You can check it out at http://bgresto.com/?p=1572

enjoy your Skill Roll tstone and post some pics when you get it done, if not already done!

#116 59 days ago

Considering the amount made of these and the price they go for if you're lucky enough to find one... This is ripe for a DIY reproduction! Who's got scans of a playfield? Any near Chicago I could check out?

#117 59 days ago

It does seem crazy that you can't buy the artwork rolled up in a cardboard tube and apply it to your own piece of glass instead of having to buy (and more importantly pay for shipping) on the whole thing.

#118 59 days ago

I have a Skill-Score and of all my EM machines, its the one my youngest son like to play the most. A really great game. Several years ago I found it non-working with no backglass and had to first figure out what it was, then bring it back to life. Just a quick question since a lot of people here seem to have similar machines, the Skill-score has the plinko style wiper arms that the playing disk pushes down as it slides in the columns to score. No matter what I do or how many times I've cleaned these things, they always seem to stick. For those not too familiar with Skill-Score, there are essentially 3 rows of 10 of these wiper arms switches, they are all tightly wired in the back and not really easily removed for soaking or other methods of cleaning. Has anyone had success or is there some good option for keeping these free moving? I know lubrication is usually a big no-no on EM machines.
    Thanks

#119 59 days ago
    Quoted from cjmiller:

It does seem crazy that you can't buy the artwork rolled up in a cardboard tube and apply it to your own piece

That's what I had done and placed it on the bottom of the original glass, and then scraped off
    the original flaking art work. One other collector asked, so I had another made.
    It's like a decal on 3 layers of vinyl and applies to the backside of the glass..

IMG_1001 (resized).JPG
    #120 59 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

That's what I had done and placed it on the bottom of the original glass, and then scraped off
    the original flaking art work. One other collector asked, so I had another made.
    It's like a decal on 3 layers of vinyl and applies to the backside of the glass..[quoted image]

How is it in comparison to an original glass when lit?

#121 59 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

It's like a decal on 3 layers of vinyl and applies to the backside of the glass..[quoted image]

I did the same thing for mine years ago when there were no reproductions available. I made two vinyl decals. One with the art on light-able vinyl. And a mask to block out the non lit areas.

#122 59 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

How is it in comparison to an original glass when lit?

Although the pic that I have loaded in the laptop is deceiving, it's actually right there with silk screen.
    Same with the last glass that I had made (Genco 2 Player Basketball), the lit numbers seem bright in
    the pics, but they're fine.
    Earlier today I took a pic of the League Leader. The 2 hit panels I had made, but the original backglass
    lit areas also seem overly bright, but they're not..

IMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_1002 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPG
    #123 58 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

It's like a decal on 3 layers of vinyl and applies to the backside of the glass..

If you ever feel like doing another one, please let me know and I'll buy it.

#124 58 days ago
    Quoted from cjmiller:

If you ever feel like doing another one, please let me know and I'll buy it.

Okay, I'll get in contact with my Graphic Designer. Maybe can have one done in a couple of weeks.
    Whatever it cost me will be your cost. You'll be happy with the price..

#125 58 days ago

Just installed a repro backglass from BGResto and it looks great. Also got a 410! Skill Roll is awesome

IMG_20190419_195439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_220229 (resized).jpg
    #126 58 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Okay, I'll get in contact with my Graphic Designer. Maybe can have one done in a couple of weeks.
    Whatever it cost me will be your cost. You'll be happy with the price..

Thank you very much! Just send me a PM when you know something and we'll go from there.

#127 57 days ago
    Quoted from per3per3:

Just installed a repro backglass from BGResto and it looks great. Also got a 410! Skill Roll is awesome
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Awesome score, too.

#128 57 days ago

at the VFW.

bly_skillderby1 (resized).jpg

bly_skillroll1 (resized).jpg

bly_skillscore1 (resized).jpg

#129 57 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

at the VFW.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Only ever seen skill roll out on the floor.

Hoping the other two are out this year. Would love to play em.

#130 57 days ago
    Quoted from tstone:

Looks great!
    Awesome score, too.

Thanks!

#131 57 days ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Only ever seen skill roll out on the floor.
    Hoping the other two are out this year. Would love to play em.

They will be.

#132 57 days ago

Sweet!

See you in 2 weeks

#133 55 days ago

Well it took a little while but I now have all four Skill games known to exist.
    Skill Score and Skill Parade showed up last night. Both in nice working condition. I also have a skill roll and a novelty skill derby. I plan to upgrade to derby deluxe soon.

663EC47E-C609-4760-AFF3-29B6C0CBCBBE (resized).jpegDAC6BE9D-BFFB-48C5-B290-16B531F39975 (resized).jpeg92F4EAC6-B630-41CF-9B4A-20EFF3EBB7D6 (resized).jpeg
    #134 55 days ago
    Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Skill Score and Skill Parade showed up last night. Both in nice working condition. I also have a skill roll and a novelty skill derby. I plan to upgrade to derby deluxe soon. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection. All you need now is a SkillShot. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5722

#135 55 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Nice collection. All you need now is a SkillShot. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5722

Yeah, but if you don't sell him yours where is he going to get one? Skill Roll is hard enough to find anymore.

#136 55 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

One other collector asked, so I had another made.

Mopar was VERY kind and had a decal made for my Skill-Roll. I am SUPER happy with it.
    I have had a lot of people look at it (including people who own Skill-Roll) and nobody even noticed it was a decal until I pointed it out. It was a lot cheaper than a reproduction glass to.
    Thanks again Mopar!

#137 55 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Let me know if you’d ever sell the Skill Shot. Looks cool.

Apparently, I am starting the “Skill Fan Club.”

I also have a blank check waiting for the unicorn known as Lite-A-Diamond.

#138 54 days ago

Skill score is a lot better than Skill Parade. i personally don't think skill parade is really worth the trouble. Skill score is way cool because you get an actual score. that's what makes it cool.

I would be interested in how you convert skill derby to replay skill derby. it's a lot more complicated. and the vertical playfield is different. (lights on the right.) novelty skill derby is kind of stupid frankly. it's a bummer... needs a winning replay or at least a knocker or *anything*.

#139 54 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah, but if you don't sell him yours where is he going to get one? Skill Roll is hard enough to find anymore.

There is at least one other one that I sold to a gentleman in Sweden. There must be more of them somewhere.

#140 54 days ago

Let me know if you’d ever sell the Skill Shot. Looks cool.

Everything has a price.

#141 54 days ago

I owned a Skill Parade for a while.
    Not really a “Skill” game, more luck.
    Still fun- more like a slot machine.

#142 54 days ago

I once read a post somewhere from a guy who had converted his Skill Roll to quarters and still had it out on location where it was earning about $100 month.

I can't find the thread anymore, but if he's on here and sees this I'd love to see photos of the machine.

#143 54 days ago

you can convert a skill roll to quarters, it's not that hard to do. mostly it's the coin entrance area that needs work.
    it plays a lot different though. i don't really like it with quarters. the springs on the handles are strong enough, but it really changes the mojo.

#144 54 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

you can convert a skill roll to quarters, it's not that hard to do. mostly it's the coin entrance area that needs work.
    it plays a lot different though. i don't really like it with quarters. the springs on the handles are strong enough, but it really changes the mojo.

mojo (resized).jpg
    #145 52 days ago
    Quoted from cjmiller:

I once read a post somewhere from a guy who had converted his Skill Roll to quarters and still had it out on location where it was earning about $100 month.
    I can't find the thread anymore, but if he's on here and sees this I'd love to see photos of the machine.

I was tired of losing nickels to my Skill-Roll and converted it to free play.

3 weeks later
    #146 26 days ago

Skill Score and Skill Parade showed up last night. Both in nice working condition. I also have a skill roll and a novelty skill derby. I plan to upgrade to derby deluxe soon. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cyberninja, I sold my Lite A Diamond to Tim Arnold many years ago. Check with him. I know he needs $5,000,000 for HOF. He may do a deal

#147 26 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Clay, The Skill roll I converted to Quarters did take a bit of time. Probably 10 of the lane pieces needed to he shortened, and a few needed to be adjusted higher or lower for a big enough gap. I think the play is fine, but agree that the nickel is big mojo.

1 week later
    #148 16 days ago
    Quoted from LarryB:

Cyberninja, I sold my Lite A Diamond to Tim Arnold many years ago. Check with him. I know he needs $5,000,000 for HOF. He may do a deal

$5,000,000 huh?

Is shipping included in that price?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 49.95
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside