Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014May04 001.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Darned if I didn't get another Skill Roll - guess they're on a roll. Thanks to Dave for the tip-off, and to Alex for the pickup assist! This one will be an upgrade, but between the two I can make one nicer one and then have one to trade or sell.

Too bad repro glasses aren't available though.

2014May04 001.JPG2014May04 001.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Nice pick up - I love this game!

I thought I remembered seeing Clay or someone in MI was selling repro glasses on rgp at one point - are those no longer available?

#3 9 years ago

I believe Clay's silkscreen versions have all been sold.

Good to see you again Dirt. Thanks again for everything. Looking forward to setting up Teacher's Pet.
Alex

#4 9 years ago

Clay said he was out of them.

#5 9 years ago

What about BGresto? I bet they could do it!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

What about BGresto? I bet they could do it!

I believe they have done it before, and that's probably the best option at the moment. I do wonder about going down the path of getting a silk screen repro made though. There has to be some pretty good demand for them still, and the design of the cab is such that the original glasses are pretty much guaranteed to get scratched.

#7 9 years ago

Nicely done Dirtflipper.

#8 9 years ago

Is that the one out of Wisconsin with the busted flipper?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

Is that the one out of Wisconsin with the busted flipper?

No, that one's still available, AFAIK:
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#10 9 years ago

Congrats on finding another! This one looks a lot better than your first one. Nice cabinet on this one. Good luck with a glass. Mine is only fair, they seem to all flake from the flourescent lamp? But I never felt it was bad enough to replace.

#11 9 years ago

That is an addictive game to play. I really want one but they do not show up often in Texas... A friend of mine has one in his collection that I usually play every time I get the chance...

-- Shawn

#12 9 years ago

Since 4/5th's of it is plain glass I wish someone would print it on film. That way you could ship them rolled up in a cardboard tube and install it yourself instead of dealing with the expense of packing and shipping something that large and fragile.

#13 9 years ago

have one of these coming..great to see the top part of the glass has been reproduced..but has anybody done the 'game of skill' sticker on the bottom of the glass?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

have one of these coming..great to see the top part of the glass has been reproduced..but has anybody done the 'game of skill' sticker on the bottom of the glass?

The 'Game of Skill' thing is on the playfield, not the glass.

There aren't any top part repros available that I can find.

#15 9 years ago

Big Al at Pinball Warehouse has the art file to print if you want. A guy could easily do a vinyl reversed decal.

#16 9 years ago

Glad it worked out.

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.