1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DennisDodel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Bally- Skill Roll
    What is the going rate for one of these?
    The one I am looking at has a little pealing on the glass and the cabinet is decent. Machine works correctly.
    Thanks in advance!

#2 1 year ago

If the seller doesn't realize what it's worth; $150.00, I'd pay $300.00 for what you describe. I've seen them go for $500.00 though.

#3 1 year ago

if you're speaking of the nickel roll down game then I think mr bally is pretty low in his price range. On the rare occasion that I see these for sale it seems like they're always in the $1000+ range. Granted, that's what they're asking for them, but I'm guessing they're getting close to that. You don't see them very often.

Full disclosure, I own one of these, but I'm not price pumping. I paid more than mr. Bally's highest range and mine didn't work when I got it.

If you could get it for a couple hundred I think that'd be a great deal.

Dave

#4 1 year ago

The last one I saw for sale on Ebay sold for $1500 with a BIN. It was about the same condition as you describe. I'm not saying that is standard pricing necessarily but these seem to get harder to find every year.

#5 1 year ago

Two were recently bought in rough condition but virtually complete (one had a broken handle/knob on one of the flip levers). $350.00 for both. This was in the central part of the lower peninsula of Michigan.

#6 1 year ago

On something this rare, you pay what you are willing to pay for it. It's that simple. If the seller and you are happy then that is perfect.

I'd love to have one for $500, but doubt I find one locally for that and if they go on ebay they get gobbled up pretty quick and higher prices. Right now I wouldn't pay more, but sometime later I may. It's a novelty to me and not something I have to get.

#7 1 year ago

Yes, I am talking about the nickle roll game.

#8 1 year ago

They seem to be easier to find in MI, MN, WI, so that explains some of Mr Bally's numbers. I was thinking more like $800 or so would be a good buy. It is a seller's market for sure.

#9 1 year ago

Mine was a brown pos and I still paid 700 years ago. Easily 1000

#11 1 year ago

One posted on CL last year at $1000 and quickly turned into an auction...

I wish I could find a rough pair for $350!

#12 1 year ago

i love skill roll
    wish i could find one for around 500

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Two were recently bought in rough condition but virtually complete (one had a broken handle/knob on one of the flip levers). $350.00 for both

If I had seen that deal I would have snatched it up. Even with having to drive to pick them up, that would have been a pretty good deal. While I know some games tend to be cheaper in one part of the country versus another, I haven't seen Skill Rolls for sale cheap here.

If you can get it for less than $500, working, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

#14 1 year ago

Really nice ones go for $2K+. I'd buy as many junker ones that I could find for $1000 each. Don't walk, run !!

John

#15 1 year ago

Anyone know of the 1 cent version? Same game, different coin mechs.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Anyone know of the 1 cent version? Same game, different coin mechs.

I saw a pic of one recently.

#17 1 year ago

$1500

#18 1 year ago

Many years back I got mine in a package trading deal.
    Not much into it if any. Today, for a working one in decent
    shape, you can pay 1,200.00 and no way lose. I'm not saying
    you could make a nice little profit off of it (not thinking at all
    that's your intentions), but no way would you lose. Anything
    under $800.00 I would consider a very good deal.. (T)

#19 1 year ago

Here is a pic of Dirt's 1 cent Skill Roll. I never knew they made one until seeing this one recently. Pretty interesting. It has been sold I believe but the Skill Derby may be available.

Of the Skill series, Skill Roll is the most fun obviously but I always though Skill Derby to be the most interesting. That topside animation is just plain cool.

IMG_6266 (resized).jpg

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Skill Roll is the most fun obviously but I always though Skill Derby to be the most interesting.

Yes, my opinion also. I'm pretty sure there were two different Skill Derby models made. One with
    and one without giving credits. For a while, I've known where one is that's not too far from me that I've been
    staying in touch with. I'm still waiting for him to get his large boat out of the way. I'll be keeping his phone
    ringing from time to time..

#21 1 year ago

Was the penny/ nickel selectable by the operator? Maybe the machine came with both mechs and badges and the op installed what they wanted? Obviously, most wanted nickels instead of pennies

#22 1 year ago

A decent condition Skill Roll is worth $1,500 easily in Pac NW

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Was the penny/ nickel selectable by the operator? Maybe the machine came with both mechs and badges and the op installed what they wanted? Obviously, most wanted nickels instead of pennies

Not sure. I'd never seen a penny game until recently. Obviously the badge, coin mech and coin entry would be different. Not sure if the play board would have any difference. It makes you wonder how the gameplay would be with the weight difference. It's one of those situations where I think I'd rather own the nickel version for play but the penny version has value too as it's kind of an oddity.

For the record I paid $200 for my Skill Roll about 12 years ago. I wouldn't sell it for $1500. Too hard to find if you decide you made a mistake.

#24 1 year ago

The entry looked the same size to me, but hard to tell from a photo. All the entry needs to do is to prevent larger coins from going into the machine (coin mechs would be secondary defense). I tried putting a 0.9" token through a removed playfield and it gets stuck in the point openings. I just had to flip the field and shake it out, but if it was installed in a machine it would be a process to remove a stuck coin

#25 1 year ago

Someone should remake Skill Roll, even if it's a digital version. They'd sell like hotcakes.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

The one I am looking at has a little pealing on the glass

I had the glass writing produced by placing the art in reverse on clear vinyl so
    that it applies on the backside of the glass just like silk screen. Then white vinyl,
    then gray with precision cut outs for the lit areas. I turned the glass 180 so
    the bottom was the top, applied the vinyls, the scratched of the peeling original art..
    Damm, don't have a clean pic of it, but it came out nice..
    Let us know how you make out.. (T)

IMG_0717 (resized).JPG

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Someone should remake Skill Roll, even if it's a digital version. They'd sell like hotcakes.

Here's a more modern version but it seems even less common than the EM.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5722&picno=51156

#28 1 year ago

I sold the Skill Roll penny version (and the Skill Derby) shown above. It would take a penny or a dime. The playfield and play seemed the same as the nickel version I once owned. I think an operator just changed the coin entry to a penny. Could have been ordered from the factory like that too I suppose.

I also own the Skill Shot SS version linked above. I bought two of them about 10 years ago. Sold one to a guy in Norway. Still have the one shown. I have never seen another one. Fun game with speech. There is a really, really bad video of the game in action at the end of the IPDB listing.

The Skill Derby pictured above is supposed to be the rarer version without the flashing odds and replay register. Not as much fun as the replay version though. And no "Skill" involved either. At least the Skill Roll has some skill involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 16.00
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside