• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_(resized).jpeg
2_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

i need a picture of the area under the coin drop right before it goes into the .5 mech
mine has a gap between the two and 2 out of 10 drops miss the mech. i would think there should be little to no gap so this doesn't happen.
i would like to see what others look like in case mine was modded at some time

#2 8 years ago

Mine has a gap too, but has never missed the coin mech as far as I know. Also, it looks like you can adjust the coin entry's exit slot to be in alignment with the mech entry slot. Nickel shown for scale.

2_(resized).jpeg2_(resized).jpeg

1_(resized).jpeg1_(resized).jpeg

#3 8 years ago

thanks jeff, mine looks just like that??? not sure why i get the odd coin miss. i did adjust the drop chute with little success. might try pinching the drop chute sides together a bit to minimize the coin movement.

#4 8 years ago

Mine also has the gap, never misses. I would keep trying to get the drop chute slot above the mech slot, squeezing an old casting like the drop chute could be a disaster- that metal is not bendable, it will just break.

DOn C.

#5 8 years ago

Dave, I don't think it'll ever be right, so I'll take one for the team and offer to take the game off your hands

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Dave, I don't think it'll ever be right, so I'll take one for the team and offer to take the game off your hands

what a nice guy, i don't think i will burden you with such a disaster.

Quoted from Don_C:

Mine also has the gap, never misses. I would keep trying to get the drop chute slot above the mech slot, squeezing an old casting like the drop chute could be a disaster- that metal is not bendable, it will just break.
DOn C.

there is two soft metal guides under the casting that i thought might tighten the coin drop a bit

#7 8 years ago

I see what you mean, just wanted to make sure you didn't take a pliers to the casting. Hope it solves the problem!

Don C.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll-pic-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.