IMG_2222.JPGIMG_2222.JPG
IMG_2219.JPGIMG_2219.JPG
IMG_2220.JPGIMG_2220.JPG
IMG_2212.JPGIMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2225.JPGIMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2017.JPGIMG_2017.JPG

IMG_1827.JPGIMG_1827.JPG IMG_1824.JPGIMG_1824.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Awesome, I owned this pin for a few years and will always love it...great work!!

#3 10 years ago

Wow, nice job on that machine. Looks absolutely stunning.

#4 10 years ago

Beautiful game.

#5 10 years ago

Nice. Orange legs were a good choice. Did you buy them like that or paint them?

#6 10 years ago

Nice rescue. I enjoy bringing a game back to life as much as putting up a GC score.

#7 10 years ago

beautiful machine, love the legs as well.

#8 10 years ago

I love to see the restored games that AREN'T monster bash or medieval madness. I can have just as much fun playing these older (cheaper) games as the newer (expensive games). I don't know know how many comments on my restored sinbad I've gotten. Like " why would you restore that!" Todd

#9 10 years ago

Gorgeous machine with the Dreamsicle legs! Love it!

#10 10 years ago

Sexy legs! Great table!! Nice job.

#11 10 years ago

Looks great. Awesome pin as well. Nice job.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Nice. Orange legs were a good choice. Did you buy them like that or paint them?

I bought them like that, but I may paint the old ones for a Mystic project.

#13 10 years ago

Looks great, love some Skateball! Miss mine, look forward to picking up one a fraction as nice as yours down the road...

Any idea if the Elektra in that last photo is for sale?

#14 10 years ago

Nevermind, just read your "current collection " - you have good taste!

#15 10 years ago

I wrote an entire paragraph of text before the photos that did not show up so ill post it down here later

#16 10 years ago

Well it's been a couple months since I started on this project and now its virtually complete. Before discovering this machine and two others I knew nothing about the workings of the amazing world of pinball. I will not claim I did everything right or that I always knew what I was doing but it was a blast getting this machine up and running. Sure I put way more money into this machine than anyone probably would, but I made it my own and regardless of price not many people can say they own a pinball machine. Considering it was found in an OUTDOOR shed half covered with a cheap blanket I'm proud I got it back to this state. I wish I took more Before photos to really give it justice and I still wish I could have come across a better backglass. Lastly Thanks to this entire community for answering my numerous noob questions and guiding me towards many solutions, and thanks to my Pops for his help too!

A list of what was done
-New glass
-New orange legs/leg protectors
-New Red plunger and flippers
-All new boards (sound board was ok)
-Repinned all connectors
-Used Replacement backglass
-New Rubber
-New coils and switches where needed
-All new LEDs
-My own designed score cards
-New Drop Targets
-New pop bumper skirts
-New coin plates and coin door sticker

I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty but onto the pictures!

#17 10 years ago

I just recently "discovered" this pin and what a great game! Looks like you did a flipping awesome job bringing this classic back to life. Nicely done!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Bomba:

I just recently "discovered" this pin and what a great game! Looks like you did a flipping awesome job bringing this classic back to life. Nicely done!

Found on a Heating and Cooling install at a customers property, all three machines purchased for $300.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Oj1055:

Found on a Heating and Cooling install at a customers property, all three machines purchased for $300.

SCORE!

#20 10 years ago

Very nice indeed. I am curious are those red flipper bats what came stock or did you change the color? The red with yellow rubber looks awesome on this game.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Very nice indeed. I am curious are those red flipper bats what came stock or did you change the color? The red with yellow rubber looks awesome on this game.

Nope the stock ones were white, but I had seen numerous pictures with the yellow rubber on the flippers and I thought red would just look awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skateball-restore-complete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.