(Topic ID: 124423)

Bally Six Sticks no flippers or scoring

By polyacanthus

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I was playing my Six Sticks the other day and all of a sudden I had no flippers. I've been going through it but I can't find anything wrong. Unfortunately I don't have a schematic.

All fuses check good
I can start a game- score reels reset, relay banks reset, ball ejects, ball count progresses.
Playfield is lit
Thumper bumpers don't activate
Nothing on the playfield registers scoring
Manually tripping the 1, 10, and 100 point relays move the score score reels appropriately
Tilt is not lit and tilt relays are not tripped
Can load multiple players and it acts the same on every player

The one clue that's interesting is the ball ejector and left outlane ball kickback solenoids are functioning.

Any ideas?
Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like something on the tilt relay. or, game over relay.
chk all the switches on these relays, It is the Ready that your missing. Start up is completing, but signal is not being passed to the play part of the circuit.

#3 8 years ago

This game has a tilt relay for each player so I believe those can be eliminated. I checked adjustment and filed the start, game over, and anti-cheat relays.

#4 8 years ago

Did you send me an image from the instruction card?
If no, can you please look if you have an original card on your machine?
If the number on the card (lower left corner) is anything else the SIX-1, please send me a photo or scan of the card.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#5 8 years ago

Yup that was me. Figured I'd scan it since I had it open to work on.

#6 8 years ago

Does that game have a relay bank under the playfield, or on the bottom board?
that could be the problem.

#7 8 years ago

I monkeyed with it last night and got it working, though I'm not exactly sure where the issue was. I filed everything on the game over, start, anti-cheat and hold relays. Still no luck but it really did seem like it was tilted even though the tilt relays weren't latched. I ended up tilting it with the pendulum which released the hold relay but didn't trip the tilt relay until I loaded a new ball. After I reset the game it started working normally. I wish I knew better how these relays relate to the tilt... But it's working now. If I narrow it down further I'll report back in case it helps someone else out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-six-sticks-no-flippers-or-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.