You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20210308_203542 (resized).jpg
20210308_203542 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Recently purchased a 6 Million Dollar Man and it has no sound. I've tried 2 other speakers, adjusted the volume pots, had the sound board rebuilt and ran jumper wires from the two prongs on the sound board directly to the speaker to eliminate the wiring between the sound board and the speaker as a potential issue. Still no sound. Where do I look next? Most of my pins are EMs so I'm just learning the SS pins. Ive attached a photo of the main board dip switches. Would the position of these switches have any effect on no sound?

20210308_203542 (resized).jpg20210308_203542 (resized).jpg

20210308_203542 (resized).jpg20210308_203542 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Budski:

Would the position of these switches have any effect on no sound?

You have the correct Alltek switch settings to select Six Million Dollar Man. Your problem is likely with connectors or some issue with the sound board.

Measure the DC voltages at the test points of the sound board:
TP1 = 5 volts
TP2 = 0 volts (logic ground)
TP3 = 12 volts
TP4 = 43 volts
TP5 = 0 volts (solenoid ground)

#3 3 years ago

Thank you, knowing the switches are correct eliminates that concern I had. I'll start checking connections again.

#4 3 years ago

The volume pot can get dirty over time. Try cranking it back and forth a few times to clean it off.

The actual game feature settings are controlled by the other switch bank, 1-32. Sws 8 & 32 control what kind of sounds you hear although there is no setting to turn off the sound altogether. Visit IPDB to download a copy of the manual.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 3 years ago

Thank you, I did try moving the pot dials back and forth. Nothing, not even some static.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

You have the correct Alltek switch settings to select Six Million Dollar Man. Your problem is likely with connectors or some issue with the sound board.
Measure the DC voltages at the test points of the sound board:
TP1 = 5 volts
TP2 = 0 volts (logic ground)
TP3 = 12 volts
TP4 = 43 volts
TP5 = 0 volts (solenoid ground)

Looks like all the voltages are good. Now the fun part to check connections.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-six-million-dollar-man-no-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.