You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150826_201205.jpg
IMG_20150826_201217.jpg
IMG_20150826_201136.jpg
TypicalBallySternPowerSupply.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I brought home a perfectly working SBM and now all five displays are out. I have checked all of the fuses and unseated/reseated all of the connectors. I still get nothing from the displays. Can anyone possible point me in the right direction?? Such a bummer when this happens.

#5 8 years ago

Okay, the 8 AG-3/16 amp fuse on the solenoid driver board is blown. After that the F1 fuse on the rectifier board also blew which I assume is for GI? I have Illumination but no blinking lights on the PF that are normally active during attract mode.

Edit: Illumination is now fixed. The fuse at F1 was incorrect at 5A 32V when it should have been 10A 32V

I would also like to know each individual purpose for all of the fuses because the manual tells me nothing, unless I just am not seeing the information. For instance fuses F1 through F6 on the rectifier board each control what?? The manual also does not specify slow or fast blow for each fuse.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks allot guys!!!! I've got fuses that should be here today. For some reason the 3/16 amp fuse is extremely rare. So odd that, that fuse blew because all that I was doing was replacing blown out bulbs while the machine was powered on, nothing else. The displays were on before I started. Later I walked to the other side of the machine and all displays were black.

#8 8 years ago

Okay, so I put the new fuses in and now have an issue with display four. Its very faint. What gives???

IMG_20150826_201136.jpgIMG_20150826_201136.jpgIMG_20150826_201205.jpgIMG_20150826_201205.jpgIMG_20150826_201217.jpgIMG_20150826_201217.jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Time to replace the resistors in display 4. See Steve Kulpas Bally display repair page

Is steve kulpa his username cheddar?

#14 8 years ago

Thanks for the links fellas. I swapped display four out with display three and the issue is definitely with display four itself. I also swapped display three into fours position. It sounds like you're right with what you said in post #10 Chris. Cheddar, replacing the resistors in display four will definitely remedy the issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 169.00
$ 179.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-silverball-mania-no-displays?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.