(Topic ID: 95083)

Bally Silverball Mania SOLD West Michigan (14 pictures)

By sixpakmopar

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_7626.jpg
100_7625.jpg
100_7627.jpg
100_7624.jpg
100_7622.jpg
100_7623.jpg
100_7621.jpg
100_7620.jpg
100_7617.jpg
100_7618.jpg
100_7619.jpg
100_7616.jpg
100_7615.jpg
100_7614.jpg
100_7613.jpg
100_7611.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Something has to go. I have room for 6 games and currently have 7 set up in the room (just too crowded).
Trade/partial trade considered for a project machine or 2. Yes this helps with my overcrowded room because a project machine will not be set up with the others immediately.

Game is working 100% (other than a few flaky light sockets that should just need cleaning).
MPU professionally rebuilt a little over a year ago and machine has played flawlessly since then.
Remote battery holder.
New power rectifier board.
New capacitors on power supply board.
All crimp contacts for boards replaced.
New leg levelers.
Nice coin door with 2 quarter mechanisms. (missing lockout coil)
Keys for both locks.
coin box (no lid)
Manuals as pictured.
No broken plastics.
Backglass is excellent (just a couple of lifted lines on bottom edge which are not noticeable unless looking for them).
Playfield has ball swirling, insert wear.
cabinet has some wear around flipper buttons, general wear here and there, some flaking paint mainly on head from moisture. Just too crowded in the room to get a good picture of the other side and head.
Had new rubber installed a couple of years ago and playfield was cleaned but could use a cleaning again.
I do not recall what mechanical work I did but I do see new plunger links on the slingshot shafts.
100_7611.jpg100_7611.jpg
100_7612.jpg100_7612.jpg100_7613.jpg100_7613.jpg100_7614.jpg100_7614.jpg100_7615.jpg100_7615.jpg100_7616.jpg100_7616.jpg100_7617.jpg100_7617.jpg100_7618.jpg100_7618.jpg100_7619.jpg100_7619.jpg100_7620.jpg100_7620.jpg100_7621.jpg100_7621.jpg100_7622.jpg100_7622.jpg100_7623.jpg100_7623.jpg100_7624.jpg100_7624.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Here are a couple more pictures. As you can see machine is wedged in its location and not able to easily slide out for better pictures (slid blackout out to get this picture). The left side of the head does have a little more paint loss along the top edge as compared to the right side picture.100_7625.jpg100_7625.jpg100_7626.jpg100_7626.jpg100_7627.jpg100_7627.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Game is sold

#4 9 years ago

NOT TO YOU

Odd that you would think you are the one to provide this type of information since I AM the seller and You are NOT the buyer.

Just sayin' , If it is not your for sale post and you are not involved in the transaction in any way you have NO right posting any details, updates or otherwise. Mind your own business, Please.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from sixpakmopar:

NOT TO YOU
Odd that you would think you are the one to provide this type of information since I AM the seller and You are NOT the buyer.
Just sayin' , If it is not your for sale post and you are not involved in the transaction in any way you have NO right posting any details, updates or otherwise. Mind your own business, Please.

Whoooah, settle down there tiger.

I PMed you.

You said the game was sold. (so I guess I had that much involvement).

I looked at the thread, and you had not updated it.

I posted exactly what you told me, to save anyone else the trouble of thinking it was still for sale.

Don't get so excited about stuff, you will live longer and enjoy life more (let alone not soil my image of you should you ever offer another game I'm interested in.....)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

(let alone not soil my image of you should you ever offer another game I'm interested in.....)

The whole Choggard thing brings this to a fine point.

These threads are searchable and it's good that people can research how sellers behave before and after the sale.

You Michigan cats (tigers?) can get crazy, LOL.

#7 9 years ago

Vid,

Sounds like you are taking the other side on this. Here are the facts. 2 people expressed interest on pinside. This person (cichlid) I PM'd to tell him it was sold as a courtesy. The buyer is out of state, has not paid, we are arranging time to pick it up, etc. Sounds like a done deal but not paid and picked up so to soon to say for sure from my side of a transaction.

I do not see why someone else has any reason/right to call it sold at this point (unless they are upset), let alone post it in a public forum.
If anyone can tell me with 100% certainty that a buyer in a similar sort of situation would never see a post such as this and get frustrated thinking they were wronged by the seller (me in this case) and just walk away thinking all the time I sold it out from under them, then I will apologize.

Explain how this reflects badly on me as a seller other than you using the Choggard thing in my for sale post. Not even close to the same sort of person.

To me it looks like the Non-buyer is in the wrong for posting facts in which he does not have a100% grasp on.

#8 9 years ago

I'm not taking sides, so let's get that out of the way first.

If the game sale is PENDING, it is common courtesy to update the thread with "Sale Pending".

If the game is SOLD, it is common courtesy to update the thread with "Game is Sold, thank you Pinhead666" .

-

So if an interested party, who you inform that the "game is sold", posts that the "game is sold" - that seems like a helpful thing to the entire community.

You seemed to jump all over Child for trying to help the community.

Maybe there is more to the story between you guys, but to the rest of us, it looks kinda like a big overreaction.

Remember that people can and will search out past For Sale posts - everyone's actions/reactions are forever on display.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not taking sides, so let's get that out of the way first.

Sorry, just sounded like it to me.

Quoted from vid1900:

If the game sale is PENDING, it is common courtesy to update the thread with "Sale Pending".
If the game is SOLD, it is common courtesy to update the thread with "Game is Sold, thank you Pinhead666" .

The few games I have sold I have updated the post title to reflect status, here this person took it upon himself to do so before I was able to because I was waiting on more facts in the sale before doing so.

Quoted from vid1900:

So if an interested party, who you inform that the "game is sold", posts that the "game is sold" - that seems like a helpful thing to the entire community.

I thought PM's (private messages) were just that, PRIVATE, between the two parties exchanging messages not the world.

Quoted from vid1900:

You seemed to jump all over Child for trying to help the community.

Yes I jumped on him for his actions which I do not believe were appropriate as he is not involved in the transaction.

Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe there is more to the story between you guys, but to the rest of us, it looks kinda like a big overreaction.

Nothing more to this story that I am aware of.

Quoted from vid1900:

Remember that people can and will search out past for sale posts - everyone's actions/reactions are forever on display.

This makes the second time someone has said SOLD when they were not the buyer and the item was Not even sold in one of my for sale posts (not many at that). Both were from the Detroit area as well.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from sixpakmopar:

This makes the second time someone has said SOLD when they were not the buyer and the item was Not even sold in one of my for sale posts (not many at that). Both were from the Detroit area as well.

OK, so lets look at this as a possibly positive learning experience.

If this same thing has happened before (where someone else felt the need to update your post), why not make an effort to update both your potential buyers AND your posts?

Explain to potential buyers "Sold pending payment" - this puts them on notice that you may have the game available again should the buyer fall through.

Explain to the community by updating your thread "Sold pending payment" - this helps the entire community know that the game is probably sold, but that the buyer could fall through.

If you have time to answer emails, you have time to update your thread.

A little effort on your part by IMMEDIATELY updating your For Sale Post thread, would certainly avoid any perceived need from potential buyers to do it for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-silverball-mania-for-sale-900-14-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.