• Latest reply 3 years ago by Arcane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1814 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I'm getting ready to re-install the stainless side rails on my Bally Playboy, and I have an alignment question. Should I center the button holes with the cabinet holes, or align on a back or front edge?

I've got the nail in ones from pinball life.

Thanks!

IMG_1814 (resized).jpegIMG_1814 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Attach your flipper housing and use that for your guide. The cabinet looks really nice.

#3 3 years ago

You should install the plastic rails/guides for the glass before re-installing the rails.

I use small wood screws and not nails, and it is a lot easier if you ever need to remove the rails.

Yves

#4 3 years ago

You already have the hole drilled for the carriage bolt, just in front of the flipper button. This will only allow you to install it in one location. You will have very little adjustment after this is put in. So start with the single carriage bolt, and the rest will line up.

#5 3 years ago

Even though the Flipper button and the carriage bolt may line up, other holes may not line up perfectly. This is true if you go with replacement rails (new).
I noticed that the positions of the holes is not exactly the same one. So, you just have to drill some new pre-holes and screw or nail accordingly.

Yves

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-side-rail-re-install-alignment?hl=arcane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.