6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Edenecho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Okay, so I thought Id fixed my Sea Ray earlier. Had an issue with stuck 100 pt relay again, which i managed to fix earlier today. It was a stuck mushroom bumper switch. Made it Normally Open again, and everything worked. perfectly. For 3-4 games. Then suddenly, in the middle of the game...

Everything happened at once!!
Suddenly the score reels started turning around crazy, the bonus collect started constantly collecting, and light just on and off and something got stuck in the back, probably a relay..just heard the sound. I was so demotivated since I finally thought I had gotten it into a good state, so have to look into it some other day.

Just thought Id ask if anyone know what could cause a sudden reaction like this, it was like the whole game suffered an epileptic seizure?
A short?

A sidenote:
When I lifted the playfield up and to the front, the wire assembly to the jones plug seemed to tear loose a coil spring for one of the relays in the back of the bottom of the cabinet.
It disappeared somewhere, but since another relay next to it seemed to work without the spring feather, i thought Id try without. And the game worked for some games before all hell broke loose. I could not see it lying across any relay switches etc, but theoretically, if the spring fell into the score motor switch stack or similar, could that create this sort of erratic behavior?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, i will go through the events in much better detail in some days. Wrote this thread post in somewhat utter frustration, sorry for the lack of specific details.

I will get back with more accurate evet description as soon as possible

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-sea-ray-just-went-batshit-crazy?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.