You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8D (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
try this2 (resized).PNG
try this1 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello,
this is a continuation of this thread, but starting a new thread to get a better overview:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-ray-startup-credit-relay-energized-but-not-coin-relay

There are two current issues with my Sea Ray, I have done much troubleshooting with help from rolf_martin_062 and others but continuing now.

Issue 1 (the main issue which started the former thread):
When pressing the credit button, the credit relay energizes, but the coin relay does not energize. If manually pushed it, it works if:

Issue 2:
If the ball count unit is at zero position, manually pushing in the coin-relay armature makes it pull in,resets everything and the game can be played as it should.
If the ball count unit is at a non-zero position, manually pushing the coin-relay armature does not make anything happen. This is what we are currently troubleshooting. Why will not the ball count unit reset when pushing the coin relay.

#2 5 years ago

Based on rolf_martin_062 last post on this issue, this is what he told me to do, and I will do this this week and report back:

try this1 (resized).PNGtry this1 (resized).PNGtry this2 (resized).PNGtry this2 (resized).PNG
#4 5 years ago

Hello HowardR , thanks for chiming (no pun intended) in again in this EM issue.

I think maybe this is what I was troubleshooting in this post, with jumper cables?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-ray-startup-credit-relay-energized-but-not-coin-relay#post-3720067

#6 5 years ago

I would like to express a huge thanks to HowardR for assisting me on the phone for a couple of hours on friday, giving me a good insight into how to use schematics and jumper cables to find the culprit.

We solved it, or rather, he solved it, and the problem causing all /both problems was that switch 8D on the score motor was misaligned. A minor adjustment made everything work as it should!

8D (resized).jpg8D (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-sea-ray-coin-relay-not-energized-ball-count-unit-reset-issue?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.