Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Skidave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8D (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
try this2 (resized).PNG
try this1 (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

Hello,
this is a continuation of this thread, but starting a new thread to get a better overview:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-ray-startup-credit-relay-energized-but-not-coin-relay

There are two current issues with my Sea Ray, I have done much troubleshooting with help from rolf_martin_062 and others but continuing now.

Issue 1 (the main issue which started the former thread):
When pressing the credit button, the credit relay energizes, but the coin relay does not energize. If manually pushed it, it works if:

Issue 2:
If the ball count unit is at zero position, manually pushing in the coin-relay armature makes it pull in,resets everything and the game can be played as it should.
If the ball count unit is at a non-zero position, manually pushing the coin-relay armature does not make anything happen. This is what we are currently troubleshooting. Why will not the ball count unit reset when pushing the coin relay.

#2 1 year ago

Based on rolf_martin_062 last post on this issue, this is what he told me to do, and I will do this this week and report back:

try this1 (resized).PNGtry this2 (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Issue 1 (the main issue which started the former thread):
When pressing the credit button, the credit relay energizes, but the coin relay does not energize. If manually pushed it, it works if:

If the Coin relay doesn't energize when the Credit relay energizes, inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

Hello howardr , thanks for chiming (no pun intended) in again in this EM issue.

I think maybe this is what I was troubleshooting in this post, with jumper cables?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-ray-startup-credit-relay-energized-but-not-coin-relay#post-3720067

#5 1 year ago

If you're not sure how to use Alligator clip jumper wires and you'd like to talk on the phone, send my your # in a private message.

http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

#6 1 year ago

I would like to express a huge thanks to howardr for assisting me on the phone for a couple of hours on friday, giving me a good insight into how to use schematics and jumper cables to find the culprit.

We solved it, or rather, he solved it, and the problem causing all /both problems was that switch 8D on the score motor was misaligned. A minor adjustment made everything work as it should!

8D (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

Nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 5.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
$ 132.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 8.99
Electronics
Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 8,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside