• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Captain Fantastic Score Reel reset (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I have a Captain Fantastic with an issue on the Player 2 100 point scoring reel.

The scoring reel will score properly during a game.

The issue is when you start a new game. The Player 2 100 point reel will not reset keeping the scoring motor running. The solenoid on the reel does not fire.

If I manually advance the reel to 0, the rest of the game start sequence works.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Compare its score reel switches to the reels that do reset. Are they different? Adjust to mimic the good ones if so.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

The Player 2 100 point reel will not reset

Check the two switches in the red path. It's likely one of them isn't closing or is dirty.
Captain Fantastic Score Reel reset (resized).jpgCaptain Fantastic Score Reel reset (resized).jpg
One of them is on the #2 Score Reset relay and the other is on the misbehaving Score Reel. Use the wire colors to identify them.

/Mark

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Check the two switches in the red path. It's likely one of them isn't closing or is dirty.
[quoted image]
One of them is on the #2 Score Reset relay and the other is on the misbehaving Score Reel. Use the wire colors to identify them.
/Mark

Thanks for pointing me to that area.

I cleaned and adjusted the switches on the score reset relay and the scoring reel.

What is happening now, the reel will reset one number, then the solenoid stays energized. If i manually pull the plunger, I can feel it pulse along with the scoring motor. When I release the plunger, it might advance the reel one or more numbers before locking on again.

The plunger has no mechanical latching problems and advances manually with no issues.

What would cause the solenoid to latch on?

#5 2 years ago

Is the EOS switch on the scoring wheel working properly?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

What would cause the solenoid to latch on?

If this happens during reset, the switch labelled "#2" and hilited in red on MarkG 's post is stuck closed. This switch is on the "#2 Score Reset" relay

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-scoring-reel-issue?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.