4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190822_071646 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Bally Score Reel Edit (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I'm trying to figure out if this screw is a #3 or a #2. I know it is not a #4 (4-40). Does anyone know?

#2: 0.0860 or 43/500 in
    #3: 0.0990 or 99/1000 in

I need one for my spinner stepper that holds the switch stack together. One is there and one is missing. The photo is from a score reel that I had on file; screws are the same, just longer for the score reel. The one on the stepper is a half inch in length.

If someone has a spare or two, can you let me know. My local screw / bolt / faster specialty store does not have anything in stock.

Thanks

Bally Score Reel Edit (resized).jpgBally Score Reel Edit (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Here's what I have in small sizes. (Nice prices 45 years ago) If you need something else, try
    https://www.mcmaster.com/screws

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 4 years ago

HowardR: I'm guessing from you pic you've got at least one of everything know to mankind. Keep looking and you might find the Linberg baby.

Note to skidave: link a game to your issue. Can't assume it's your Air Aces avatar pic.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from fixintoplay:

HowardR: I'm guessing from you pic you've got at least one of everything know to mankind. Keep looking and you might find the Linberg baby.

fixintoplay , Now you tell me. If I'd known you were looking for the Lindbergh baby I'd have saved him for you.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from fixintoplay:

Note to skidave: link a game to your issue. Can't assume it's your Air Aces avatar pic.

No need to link to a specific game. It is common on all games. Title says it all.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

No need to link to a specific game. It is common on all games. Title says it all.

skidave: Interesting factoid. Thanks. I really didn't know that every Bally EM ever made has common score reel parts. And I have 2 Bally 70s EMs, which BTW have left me with a few spare score reel assemblies. Guess I've been spending too much time on my Gottliebs.

HowardR: Haha. I believe you!

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

3-48 screw was the correct size. Thanks HowardR. I ordered mine from my local Fastenall store. $3.00 for 10 (mainly because I had to pay a $2 shipping fee).

20190822_071646 (resized).jpg20190822_071646 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-score-reel-switch-stack-screw-size?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.