Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by cyroute
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190417_131920 (resized).jpg
20190417_131903 (resized).jpg
20190417_131916 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
bigvalley (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I have a Big Valley I'm working on and I noticed the score motor will only run when both of the top switches are closed on the 1st switch stack. Normally the top switch runs the motor and the switch right below is open but, on this game, both switches need to be closed for the score motor to operate. I also have a 4 million bc and a nip it and those games operate normally. I attached the section of the schematics where I believe the issue is. The motor switch stack is 1c. Thanks for any help on this!
Joe

bigvalley (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

Your red arrow points at a Make/Break switch. Exactly like on your other games, when the normally closed switch opens and the normally open switch closes, the motor should run to complete its cycle.

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Your red arrow points at a Make/Break switch. Exactly like on your other games, when the normally closed switch opens and the normally open switch closes, the motor should run to complete its cycle.

I agree but it require both to be closed to make a cycle.

#4 6 months ago

Then Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).png
#5 6 months ago

The nc switch on the 3th coin could be the problem, look if the contact is in closed position.

#6 6 months ago

I've had problems with the tabs of the bally coin door microswitches breaking off. I would be sure the wire is actually connected to the micro and not 'floating'.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from pinworks:

I've had problems with the tabs of the bally coin door microswitches breaking off. I would be sure the wire is actually connected to the micro and not 'floating'.

pinworks the tabs on the one micro switch are broken the wires are just hanging the other micro switch is completely missing. I was just adding credits manually would the broken and the missing microswitch cause this?

#8 6 months ago

Well as a hunch i connected my coin door from my nip it to the big valley and the score motor seems to function properly with that door connected the big valley door is a mess see pics. Not sure what the yellow wire is going from the lamp to the start button switch but the game will not start without that connected.
Thanks,
Joe

20190417_131903 (resized).jpg20190417_131916 (resized).jpg20190417_131920 (resized).jpg
#9 6 months ago

This link should take you straight to post 42 in my thread about a similar problem. In this post I describe what I found that fixed the problem. Sounds like your situation is similar. A yellow wire in the coin door is involved!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-bon-voyage-wont-start#post-2541170

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

This link should take you straight to post 42 in my thread about a similar problem. In this post I describe what I found that fixed the problem. Sounds like your situation is similar. A yellow wire in the coin door is involved!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-bon-voyage-wont-start#post-2541170

Thanks I will take a look at that this weekend I think this may be the issue!
Joe

#11 6 months ago

I was able to work around this by connecting the two wires for the coin1 switch to each other this made it act closed like the actual switch would of done. will look for replacement parts to fix right.
Joe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 9.99
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside