5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180925_110328 (resized).jpg
    20180925_110409 (resized).jpg
    DSCN3156 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3155 (resized).JPG
    Bally Saucers (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

There's two part numbers for the saucer assembly in the Bally parts catalog. From my reading, there's a right hand and a left hand assembly. I don't see any difference in the drawings, and I can't find which assembly goes to which machine.

My questions: Is there a list of machines with "left hand" and "right hand" assemblies, and how can you tell the difference by just looking? Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Here's the page from the parts catalog. I still need the one for Mata Hari.

Bally Saucers (resized).pngBally Saucers (resized).png
    1 week later
    #6 5 years ago

Just to continue with the question: I got a left and right saucer assembly off Ebay, but they were from Space Time, a 1972 EM. The assemblies look the same, however they are labeled left and right, and use a -1100 coil instead of the -1300 coil called for in Mata Hari. Otherwise, I see no difference between any of them.

I don't want to call Steve to ask, especially since I won't be ordering anything. I feel he's too busy to be answering calls that lead to zero sales. (If I don't have an answer by the time I have an order for him, I may ask then, but I may forget since the question will be moot - MH will be working by then.)

Since the 1979 catalog doesn't show any difference between right and left other than the assembly number, and older assemblies labeled left and right appear to be the same, can/should we assume there is no difference between right and left?

DSCN3155 (resized).JPGDSCN3155 (resized).JPGDSCN3156 (resized).JPGDSCN3156 (resized).JPG
    #9 5 years ago

Jeez - I didn't notice that. So, the bottom line is they are the same - they changed part numbers for the sake of orientation of the coil. Thanks for clearing this up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-saucer-assembly?tu=Billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.